BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Greg Poland / Pacific BMW

58K views 192 replies 104 participants last post by  Ace535i 
#1 ·
This is my first post, but I think others may find this information useful. Thanks to all the incredible information on this forum, I was able to conclude my M3 Conv purchase quickly and without wasting money. For the most part, though, I'm writing this as a thank-you note for Greg Poland, one of the board sponsors.

First, I contacted a few dealerships to see what deals they could offer and whether or not a lease was an option for me. This was mostly a disappointing experience, especially since most of those dealerships either wanted to haggle over the price, charged huge markups on MFs, or stopped replying to my emails once they found out that I wouldn't be the easiest customer to get approved through BMWFS thanks to a few late payments.

Luckily, someone suggested I contact one of the board sponsors, so I got in touch with Greg Poland in Los Angeles. Greg didn't ask me to post this recommendation (hopefully he won't mind, either), but he deserves it after the great work he did to first get me approved for a lease with BMWFS (without a MF markup) and quickly and efficiently set up my ED appointment and car purchase. I also didn't have to negotiate the price at all - Greg offered his usual great pricing (set amount over invoice - very reasonable) without my having to ask. Furthermore, since I generally have learned to distrust dealers, he did his best to share all relevant information with me, including screen shots and whatever other information was relevant.

I did not think buying a car could be so painless and simple. Greg's great, and he dealt with my 30+ emails quickly and professionally. I'd never thought I would say this - but this was actually a pleasant experience and if you are looking for a car in California, I really don't think you could do much better than to go with Greg. This is how car buying should be IMO.

I realize that there's a lot of superlatives in this post - but honestly, :thumbup:

See less See more
#62 ·
I did an ED with another dealer on here three years ago. And while I am grateful for the last minute color change and great Welt experience, I was left really disappointed with unanswered calls and other issues with lost checks and supposedly lost emails. Never again!

I am going to reach out to Greg and see if he can work something out for me on another car.

#63 · (Edited)
If you are smart...

If you are smart, and in the market for a new car, you will do the following:

1. Unequivocally choose a BMW over its competitive rivals
2. Sign up on Bimmerfest to get helpful tips and advise from its chairman, sponsors and members
3. Contact Greg Poland (CA), and seal the deal.

After almost six months of research and deliberation, I finally leaned towards leasing a 2012 BMW 5 Series. While forum members at Bimmerfest were instrumental in answering my inquiries, Greg played the principal role in completing this endeavor.

This was not my first time buying a car form a dealership, and my previous experiences were horrific and traumatic. On the contrary, my experience with Greg (and Daniel Dutton, Finance Manager) was totally different from my previous ones. The transaction was honest, straightforward and professional.

I am a happy customer, and will certainly become a repeat customer. Further, I am pleased to have contributed to their business goals, as they have also contributed to my best interests.

E.H.

#64 ·
I just picked up a new 128i coupe from Greg Poland yesterday and the experience couldn't have gone any better. He gave me a fantastic deal and made sure I got every incentive possible, kept me updated through the whole ordering process, and was always prompt to reply to emails.

If you're in the SoCal area and in the market for a new BMW, there is seriously no reason not to go with Greg at Pacific BMW.

#66 ·
Excellent Modern Car Buying Experience

Greg is certainly not the old school car dealer that wants you to go into your office so that he can sell you a car at MSRP and add all sorts of extras that you do not need.

Greg is a thoroughly up-front, modern dealer that will deliver on your needs, be it European Delivery or stateside, with ease, precision, and without the sleaziness many associate with a car transaction.

This is my 2nd ED, fifth BMW bought and a great overall experience.

I live in San Francisco and had some work that brought me down to Burbank--Greg picked me up at my hotel to deliver my 750aH in his 750 aH.

Throughout the process, Greg was lightning fast to respond, honest about costs and details and a true professional. If you're in the market for a BMW, I would give Greg a call or send him an email and give him the opportunity to earn your business.

#67 ·
Greg Poland outstanding pricing and service

I just recently purchased my very first BMW.....2012 535i from Greg Poland over at Glendale, California at Pacific BMW. I researched from several websites, forums, friends and etc. for several weeks until I was satisfied with the great numbers and customer service that Greg Poland provided. He return emails, texts and phone calls promptly and with honesty.

I travelled through several counties to purchase my first BMW through him because I truly got the best price and customer service from him.

Thank you so much for your help Bimmerfest and Greg Poland.

P.S. Greg Poland info:

Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91201
818.254.1491 Direct
818.956.8576 Fax
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com

Regards,

Jose

Attachments

#68 ·
congrats and beautiful car; greg is well known around these parts :)

off topic here; but i still cant fathom why a car in this price range (~$60K) does not come with heated seats as standard?!! i cant believe it... cars that cost 1/4 of this car come with it standard... i actually was on the verge of buying a 535i when i discovered it didnt have heated seats.. i know you live in CA and i live in FL but it's still a nice thing to have.. either way congrats!

#70 ·
This is yet another thread with that man's name that simply sounds like a very clever, disguised self-advertising.

Driving through several counties... why not get your local dealer to match another one's offer?

I don't know but the title of the thread is just odd. Also, why post specific information including his fax #? Some clever salesman I tell you.

#71 · (Edited)
This is yet another thread with that man's name that simply sounds like a very clever, disguised self-advertising.

Driving through several counties... why not get your local dealer to match another one's offer?

I don't know but the title of the thread is just odd. Also, why post specific information including his fax #? Some clever salesman I tell you.
I disagree. I have dealt with GP myself. Also looked at competitive offers from other dealers and decided to lean towards towards GP's offer.

I believe the OP started the thread because he is very pleased and thrilled with his 'atypical' (in a good way) buying experience. I, too, felt the same after I completed my transaction a few months ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513865&page=3

#72 ·
My salesman was very nice too yet I don't go out promoting him (I assume there are a bunch of fine guys in this business all around, a few I spoke to were all decent men)... My salesman had to ask his boss for permission on the deal so nothing was really in his hands, so unless this GP guy is a head manager of the joint, what real power does he have other than being nice and prompt? That's all.

It'd be a super clever pitch to self-promote oneself though, I gotta admit, and fairly easy thing to do as well...

One thing though... I made at least 5-7 trips to the dealer before I signed the line, so driving upwards of 1,2+ hrs ("several counties") each time one way would seem insane just to deal with a nicer guy. Oh well.

#84 ·
My salesman was very nice too yet I don't go out promoting him.
Sounds like your salesperson is good but not great! You are absolutely right that it is unusual to write a post recommending a car salesman on the Internet. In fact it is astonishing given that car salesmen are among the most disliked category of sales people out there.

I never wrote a promotional post about a dealer until I met Greg. What made the experience special was this:
1) Quick simple deal (no games, asking manager for permission, etc.)
2) Great pricing
3) Extreme invoice price transparency (he emailed me the paperwork)
4) Superb communication throughout (he emailed me the order screen screenshots so I knew the right order was being placed in the system and know there are no mistakes or misunderstandings). I had better communication and transparency with a guy I never met than all the guys I bought cars from over the phone.
5) Status emails throughout the order process so I know when it goes into production, gets on the ship, etc.
6) Able to get special order done in less than a day that confuses the hell out of most dealers. People still PM me saying their dealer knows nothing about the leather dash and ask me what they should ask the dealer to do.
7) knowing to submit the PCD reservation at the time of ordering not the time of arrival at VPC which streamlined the time to delivery (many dealers don't know this)
8) Follow-up after the delivery to check I was happy

#73 · (Edited)
wow.............I am speechless............. I am just trying to provide good service to forum members. NOTE I am a paying sponsor to be on this site... and because of that I try to give as much help to forum members as possible.

#75 · (Edited)
Clown

Greg:
Thanks for that $50,000 check u sent me for mentioning ur name in my posts this last year.
:thumbup:
LOL

That guy sounds like a hater anyways. Anyone who knows u and has done business with greg never has to leave there computer.
No unnecessary trips back and forth to the dealership.
STEP 1 ...pick a car online
STEP 2 ....negotiate with greg
STEP 3 ....pick the car up
STEP 4 ....njoy car and spread love throughout the planet and try not to hate on great people and the universe will do the same to you.

Those of us who have met you know whole heartedly that you a not just great at what you do for a living..... but also a phenomenal human being.

I consider greg a friend

Much love Rob

#76 ·
I've been in the BMW buying scene in Southern Cal long enough to have heard GP's name thrown around in a very positive light many a time, and I am sure he's one fine example of what a BMW CA should be.

Perhaps, the rub is when his name is mentioned in a model specific forum (rather than the Dealer Feedback one) by someone with very few post counts. It could sound like GP's new assistant :D This is compounded by the fact that the OP put GP's contact info, which could sound like an ad.

The bottom line is GP is a great asset to the bimmer community (with or without all his overzealous clients praising him publicly).

#80 ·
Perhaps, the rub is when his name is mentioned in a model specific forum (rather than the Dealer Feedback one) by someone with very few post counts. It could sound like GP's new assistant :D This is compounded by the fact that the OP put GP's contact info, which could sound like an ad.
That's pretty much it... Nothing against a good salesman, in fact just the very opposite... But it sure did sound like advertising and that's probably not even allowed on this forum. Many of us had good salesmen I'm sure (I did) and if we all went around posting their names and contact info (and fax # for Pete's sake, what the hell is a fax anyway?), then such practice would quickly be banned by the moderator. Especially if the guy's name is being mentioned in the thread title, rather than... say.... model of the car....

#77 ·
I've only heard good things about Greg and that goes back to before he was a forum sponsor. :thumbup:

#83 ·
+1 for Greg. He is absolutely amazing. I had a great experience when I got my X5 earlier this year. I would strongly recommend him!!

#85 ·
There are lots of car salesmen out there. I say, if one of them treats you fairly and make the experience "special" for you, then help them out by spreading the word and letting other people know about them. Purchasing a car for some people can be very traumatic. It's nice that there are salespeople who treat people like they themselves would want to be treated.

I get it! I don't know you, but thanks Greg for being one of those people!!!

#86 ·
WOW.....I had no idea that my post was going to have haters. I'm not advertising for GP nor am I anyones assistant. This is my very first purchase of a BMW and my first posting on any forum. I was just stating what great service GP provided and what an enjoyable experience it was to purchase a vehicle from him. Why can we just all get along? Whatever.....thanks GP.

Jose

#87 · (Edited)
Don't sweat it! I think most people here know what your intentions were. More importantly, you set out to do a good thing and you did it!

Welcome and congratulations on your new BMW! Hope you decide to hang around.

#89 ·
Thanks Leslierc and the rest of you. I was considering leaving this forum because I thought it was an avenue and tool to use when in need of help and advise covering BMWs. I was so surprised by that individuals remarks especially about the "clever salesman", "insane just to deal with a nicer guy" and the ultimate "what the hell is a fax anyway". But I thought about it and said I won't let a few haters dictate what I can say and offer to help others. Again thanks to all you non-haters.

#90 ·
I can't speak for others but I gave my local dealers every opportunity to get my business and they acted like a bunch of d!ldos.
Sent Greg and e-mail and in very short order made a great deal with no BS, no drama, and no hassles. Conducted the whole transaction over phone/email/fedex. He was a total pro to work with for ED.

#91 · (Edited)
Wow.....nice post Yogi. You have no actual facts to back up your theory, yet you feel compelled to negatively speculate about a forum sponsor that is well regarding around here for complete transparency and honest transactions.

I love how people how no qualms typing things on the Internet that they would never say in person. There is a word for that - coward.

On a side note - thanks to Greg Poland for my 2012 650i coupe and a great deal. Where's my 10k check?

#92 ·
YOGI
Seems to be MIA SINCE HIS INSULTING POST.
WOW Big Greg has the JUICE on BIMMERFEST.
John Shafer might want to make him CFO
You bad mouth GP and u get BLACKLISTED FROM PURCHASING BMW'S IN SOCAL...LOL
LOVE IT!

#93 ·
Greg visited me at the dealership today briefly in Santa Barbara.
I sent him off with a complete assortment of Bimmerfest schwag -- Bimmerfest t-shirt, side stickers, XL windshield decal, ...etc.

:bigpimp:

With all of the love that my colleague gets around here, maybe I should charge him a little more for advertising...

:p

Great to see you Greg!

:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.