BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Sunroof Leak

11K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  First_745Li 
#1 ·
Hey guys My passanger side (UK Spec so passanger on left side) sunroof waqs leaking and now my passanger seat dont move back just front. :cry:

I dont know if its the drains thats clogged or if the seal is gone, as only the left side leaked and now my whole passanger floor is soaking wet.

Can someone help on as to what it can be i.e seat module?

also is my sunroof seal gone or the drain clogged?

Thanks in advance guys

#2 · (Edited)
Have just read many threads on regarding this and im guessing my Sunroof seal is probably most likely gone as the whole top left headliner is wet and have inspected the left piller which is soaking wet. the drivers side is fine its just the passanger left front side that is wet and as mentioned now my seat does not go back only goes forward.

Goign to get my mechanic to check the drainage on the left side but am sure the drain is not clogged as the sunrrof was closed due to heavy rainfall but for that much water to get in the seal must be bad.

Also guys which part is the seal is it number 7 or 8??

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GN62&mospid=47781&btnr=54_0308&hg=54&fg=05

#3 ·
im having the same problem but it was my driver seat that stop working,because i left the sun roof lid open and the water got on the seat.after two months the seats started working fine.the sun roof still link but now that i keep the lid close it drips down the side panles ontop the floor

#4 ·
Yep that's exactly whats happening on mine but my car being the UK Spec my Passenger side is the Left side and Drivers is the Right side.

Mine is leaking through the A Pillar and onto my passenger floor.

the reason being my Left (Passenger seat) stopped working is because when id rove off fro stand still last night a huge amount of water fell onto the passenger seat hence I'm guessing the water must of destroyed the Seat Module which is directly underneath the seat.

Anyways I have dropped my car off to my mechanic who said he unblock the Drainage of the sunroof and check all drainage system and also i will get him to change the sunroof/moonroof seal.

#5 ·
Got an update from my mechanic and his checked all drainage system and has found the two left side sunroof drainage to be blocked.

He will strip everything down to double make sure all connections are fine, he also said he will pressure clean it as well as clean it with wires and while doing it with wires making sure no connectors come loose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App

#6 ·
Got an update from my mechanic and his checked all drainage system and has found the two left side sunroof drainage to be blocked.

He will strip everything down to double make sure all connections are fine, he also said he will pressure clean it as well as clean it with wires and while doing it with wires making sure no connectors come loose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
Hi D4T_POM,
Did he just remove the A panel or the headliner had to come off as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.