BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The new 2007 328i won't start and takes hours to reset? Any i

6K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Schufal 
#1 ·
Started as soon as I took it off the lot. Little yellow triangle light on dash! Gave it back to dealer to fix. Should I try to void the sale? Got the dealers loaner now as they fix this.

#2 ·
Turns out it is a bad fuse! I was so excited when buying the car and now so disappointed! I have two small children and must have a reliable car. Tell me some one please that these 328i from 2007 aren't complete money traps! (And safety hazards)

#18 · (Edited)
heres my 2 cents...

Had a 2007 328i sedan black on beige (CPO) bought it at 42,xxx miles... here were my problems:

At 45xxx miles had my battery replaced ( Paid out of pocket , not covered under CPO)

At 50xxx miles had my starter replaced ( $850 cost but replaced under Cpo warranty)

at $59xxx miles had my left door actuator replaced ( i think this was over $1000 cost but replaced under warranty)

Now currently own a 2007 328i COUPE bought used with NO warranty at 50k miles and here is what i have had replaced within the first 4 months :

Battery replaced $130 out of pocket
Starter replaced $360 out of pocket
Yesterday my electric water pump broke down + thermostat needed replacement ( $800 cost for both including installation)

Bottom line: even though most say the 3 series cars are reliable, my experience tells another story.

I wouldnt get another beamer after i get rid of this one.

My brother's g35x 2007 hasnt had a single problem and he bought it at 55k miles and is now at around 90xxx miles.

Father's Lexus rx330 2004 ran upto 114xxx miles and only replaced battery in its life time

They both would laugh at me everytime my car was at the dealership , mind you i NEVER received a loaner.

I've learned my lesson, TWICE.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.