BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

White smoke or what seems to be white smoke

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JasonSC540ia 
#1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum. Great to be here, lots of smart folks on this site. Anyway I have a 2k 740il and it is burning oil like krazy.. I just don't get it. Any suggestions? I need help. I only have
97, 000 miles on her. Any idea's? Please help.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Bimmer App

#2 ·
If you are unsure of service history get Insp2 service done by who ever you trust. Get them to give special attention to breathers and CCV devices. If still burning oil do compression check..

#3 ·
- How to test the crankcase ventilation (aka CCV, CVV, PCV, CPV, & OSV) pressure regulating valve system (1) & a video of oil separator quacking chubacca noise (1) & vacuum leaks due to holes in one or more of the five CCV hoses (1) (2) (3) or frozen or torn diaphragms (1) & a clogged CCV (1) causing pressure in the crankcase and smoke in the exhaust necessitating CCV system overhaul (BavAuto M54, M54,M54,M54,M54, & M54 observations) (M52,M52) (M52TU) (M62,M62) ('99 528i) ('98 528i); usually replaced with the insulated CCV upgrade (1) & sorely needed clarification on how the M54 CCV vacuum port works on the M52 CCV valve connection to the fuel pressure regulator connection (1) & how to do a CCV delete (1)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.