BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Its Official The 7 is in for Air Suspension *Pictures*

7K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  pelonx1st 
#1 · (Edited)
So today I dropped off my car at Platinum Vip located in irwindale Ca. Im getting my cup kit put on my coilovers and getting it installed as well. The main guy kennedy told me its going to take the whole week to install. Also doing this install we are have couple issues.

Issue #1 - Since each coilover companies make coilovers differently hes not too sure how low I can go on my cup kit with the coilovers. IM CROSSING MY FINGERS IT WILL GO AS LOW AS 3".

#2 - My stereo system is already a problem since he needs to tuck in the wires around the sides of the trunk.

#3 - We wont know if the new wheels I bought which is coming next month will be able to work with this setup, possible issues I might have is to widen my fenders if the case comes to worse to fit my wheels in the back. Im hoping I wont have to touch the integrity of my 7's body.

Pictures will be coming soon after the install is done.

#2 ·
either way you should have the fenders rolled. it's better then risking bending the **** out of a fender since I've seen it happen a few times along with damaging tire. that's how I have the system in my trunk done. the sides of the trunk actually come out real easy. what kind of setup you getting installed? make sure to post some pics. nterested to see how it comes out

#4 ·
Yeah my fender is already rolled but they are saying I might have to widen them depending on how my new wheels fitment is on my car. For the setup not too sure what Kennedy is going to do but hes going to set it up with the wheels I have now and another issue is that I have to strecthed the tires as well, so more money I have to spend :tsk:

Although I absolutely agree a lowered 7 looks BADASS, any car I have had with low clearance had a lot issues with of scraping speed bumps, hitting parking stops with the front air dam, same with any kind of steep driveway, etc. Too much hassle this time around but I look forward to seeing the pics of your car when it's done (as well as seeing it in person before too long!).
For sure brotha, for the cup kit its actually like air suspension so if I have obstacles in my direction I can lift up the car so I wont have any scrapping issues :D

#3 · (Edited)
Although I absolutely agree a lowered 7 looks BADASS, any car I have had with low clearance had a lot issues with of scraping speed bumps, hitting parking stops with the front air dam, same with any kind of steep driveway, etc. Too much hassle this time around but I look forward to seeing the pics of your car when it's done (as well as seeing it in person before too long!).

#6 ·
What kind of coilovers are you using?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

#10 ·
Can't wait to see the finished product. You have put a lot of work and love into this car. It's gonna be ONE SICK 7!!!!

#12 ·
awesome, You have some serious coin in that car!!! Should look pretty bada$$:thumbup:

#16 ·
Thanks man, the money doesnt mean much to me compared to the time and effort I put in this car. End of the day I think this car will be in the family till a real big ofer comes along which I know that not gonna happen.

cant wait to see the finished product either, whats are all those things in place of the space tire? lol AMPS?
Thanks boing, yeah all those things you see in the spare tire is for my stereo. Extra battery for the sound system, LC7 amp for the dvd in the Idrive, and a amp for my mids and highs in the car. I have 2 moe amps that goes in the spare tire which is not shown for my subwoofers.

looking good, How big is the air tank your running? also what type of air management system?
Thanks bro, the air tank is 5 gallons and the suspension system is not an ordinary air bag system. Its a cup kit that goes over coilovers to achieve the handling but at the same time you can get adjust height with no loss of handling.

I really can't wait to see the finished product either man :D this is what we've all been waiting for! I'm sure your 7 is going to turn each and every person's head :rofl:
Im hoping so too Suri, we will see how much of a drop I get from this system since I'm the first 745 to have this kit which is not guaranteed height yet.

#15 ·
I really can't wait to see the finished product either man :D this is what we've all been waiting for! I'm sure your 7 is going to turn each and every person's head :rofl:

#17 ·
This will be nice can't wait!!!

Taking the seven to a next level for sure with your setup..good job bro..you and a couple others inspire me when it comes to modding these cars.

#19 ·
:D :thumbup:

We need to make a canyon run when you're done, let me know when.
Yeah man im kinda disappointed I cant get my car out before Sunday, but hes doing a real clean job and wants to do it right so I didnt argue about how much more time he needs. My car should be functional by this upcoming Monday.

#27 ·
*UPDATE* The setup is finished but the ride height is not where I want it at all!!!, so we are changing out the ksport springs to swift springs with a different spring size to 160. Currently right now its on 200 and the car looks okay but not where I want, the eta will be next week by wednesday.

#29 ·
*UPDATE* The setup is finished but the ride height is not where I want it at all!!!, so we are changing out the ksport springs to swift springs with a different spring size to 160. Currently right now its on 200 and the car looks okay but not where I want, the eta will be next week by wednesday.
What was wrong with the ride height? Even with adjusting the spring perches and the strut body, they werent able to get the height where you wanted?

#32 ·
Show us some pictures man! Even if it's not yet where you want it to be :D

#34 ·
Sorry im too ashamed of my ride height that I refused to take pictures :thumbdwn:

If you don't like the setup, send the cups to me. My KWs are suffocating; they need air. =D

Hahah too much time and patient went into this:D

#33 ·
If you don't like the setup, send the cups to me. My KWs are suffocating; they need air. =D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.