BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Worst day ever.... Never thought i would ever get in to accident with my DreamCar

20K views 141 replies 46 participants last post by  dunderhi 
#1 ·
Last night i was hit by a car....I never thought i would be in this position....

This was my first incident and it is too sad that it has to be in my BMW.

I need some advice from you folks ....i am not sure if it will be a total loss or it will be repairable.

Is there any thing that i should check or make sure wrt to the damage? both the curtain air bags on driver side have been deployed

if those insurance folks say it has to be repaired i am planning to get it fixed from a BMW dealer... any suggestions in NJ and PA?

Thanks in advance.....

See less See more
#99 ·
I may have got a sticker if it got redelivered at a dealer or may be pcd guys forgot it.

I don't think I can claim Europe trip costs they didn't even consider the xpel and stuff

When I first talked about the European delivery they thought it is grey market car so I am not gonna win in that direction

Anyways the total loss dept called they working on the price.

#100 ·
I may have got a sticker if it got redelivered at a dealer or may be pcd guys forgot it.

I don't think I can claim Europe trip costs they didn't even consider the xpel and stuff

When I first talked about the European delivery they thought it is grey market car so I am not gonna win in that direction

Anyways the total loss dept called they working on the price.
DC, I understand you are walking a fine line between where if the car value goes up, the % of damage inversely goes down, which ultimately affects their decision as to whether they total it or repair it.

However, do know that you are fully entitled to be compensated for all value you added to the car, that can not be recovered (e.g. Tint, Xpel. etc.). Hell, if you had a set of PING i3's in the trunk that were destroyed as a result of the accident, they would also have to pay to replace them.

They have to make you whole. Whether you push for it or not of course is your decision.

#103 ·
I'm not sure but I think a dealer can reproduce a Monroney sticker. I did ED and my car was redelivered with a Sticker.

#106 ·
Sorry to hear that. Most important thing is you are safe. If I were you I would declare it as non repairable. Get the market value and get a M5 :)

#110 ·
I think you should just buy the same thing. And keep an eye out for a nice 2012 used 535 or 550 as it may save you the wait.

The M3 is too far away to be a viable replacement.

#115 ·
I will not bet getting a car until next year.
I would go for new one as this one have the options I missed before like soft close doors and bangs&olufsen.

Not sure when is the next face lift available.

F80 M3 preproduction should be available to see by early 2013.
From your sig. it seems that you have had your sight set on the new M3 for a while. It would make more sense to wait for it and not have to trade a less than one year old car to get into the M3 early. Do you know if it's decided to keep the M3 designation or if it will be M4? Good luck with your choice!

#113 ·
#118 · (Edited)
Thanks to the BMW packaging structure which changes every year... Insurance guys are having hard time to find the value for the car... They are really confused!.

Not sure if you guys have realised it but i feel BMW packaging is very confusing for people outside the circle. As of now it is gonna be a total loss but the amount is not yet finalised.

#119 ·
Thanks to the BMW packaging structure which changes every year... Insurance guys are having hard time to find the value for the car... They are really confused!.

Not sure if you guys have realised it but i feel BMW packaging is very confusing for people outside the circle. As of it is gonna be a total loss but the amount is not yet finalised.
Fair to say the packages are confusing inside the circle as well... Best of luck with your situation. You may want to try and order a window sticker that shows what you have.

#131 · (Edited)
Ok finally i got the verdict today after a long seach and price process they have priced my car.

I think i got pretty much what i paid for the car (With the rewards/cashbacks).

Now i am back to square one gathering/studying and planning for my next car.

I didnt get enough from BMW so it has to be a BMW again...Well i dont think i have another option, especially i didnt find any other brand which have comfortable seats as BMW.

waiting on LCI ..... 2014 550XI everything i had before + ARS ? :)

#134 ·
Ok finally i got the verdict today after a long seach and price process they have priced my car.

I think i got pretty much what i paid for the car (With the rewards/cashbacks).

Now i am back to square one gathering/studying and planning for my next car.

I didnt get enough from BMW so it has to be a BMW again...Well i dont think i have another option, especially i didnt find any other brand which have comfortable seats as BMW.

waiting on LCI ..... 2014 550XI everything i had before + ARS ? :)
F10 LCI + 6WB + NBT + 2 More Cylinders = Hell Yeah.

I wish some bonehead would total my car. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.