BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Slight vibration issue help! :(

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gchand 
#1 ·
Ok here it is 2002 e39 530i after I recently replace my stock muffler with an after market one magnaflow part # 14816 I had a good tone to it. On idle after I rev up the engine to like 3k rpm to be able to hear the exhaust sound, this was my first attemp, than i notice my car had a slight vibration issue only in the drive possition while holding down the brake pedal which that was the spot i was able to feel the most, it wasnt doing it before only after i rev up the engine, in park position theres no vibration issue. Not sure what it could be anyone experience this before pls help

#5 ·
I think you're being nick picking here. Your unique test condition doesn't occur under normal driving at all. If you hop in any car with 100K miles, put in drive rev to 3K and hold on to brake pedal you will feel a vibration is guarantee.

Another word vibration is expected when you put 225 foot pound of torque into an engine with old engine and tranny mounts, the vibration will then transfer onto the suspension but the suspension can't dissipate the vibration because you are holding on to the brakes.

Now, if you have a vibration at 3K RPM while driving then it's another story.

#6 ·
I would check the exhaust. It might be an issue with the placement of your muffler. When you put it in gear and the engine flexes your motor mounts the exhaust might be touching something causeing a vibration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.