BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

0-60

8K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  SPDSKTR 
#1 ·
i know the 325i is slow and you all say theres no point in modding it but i wanna get my 0-60 down to at least somewhere in the sixes from the seven it is, which mods increase acceleration, at least a bit, and whats the fastest 0-60 you've all gotten on your 325i's? i know fast bob will be here shortly to criticize me, and someones gonna say search it in google, oh and im not talking about hp or torque gains, but im sure some mods come with it

#2 ·
the cheapest way to get u down from 7's to 6's is to do a 10-60 run :D
if u have 1k to spend, you can get a Shark Injector, ebay headers, go catless (if ur state allows u to do so), and if it's a manual, get a short throw shifter to shift faster through gears.
don't forget to change fuel and air filters, and get a set of new NGK spark plugs (if not done so). also get ur car checked for any codes for faulty sensors. do all of these at the same time and u'll feel a very nice difference in performance :thumbup:

#14 ·
I always have to ask: why do you care what a stop watch says? Is it laughing at you as you drive? If its because you're loosing street races, either sell the 325i or race slower cars.

#15 ·
Lets cut him some slack. Whether 0-60 or just wanting to be faster, I think we can all understand wanting a little more punch.

i read that alot, how hard is it to put either of those in? compared to clutch, i just replaced mine with a lightweight stage 1, which by the way also feels like it made a difference, and gave me the feeling that in put my cdv back in, itll take some getting used to, i still havent broken it in
If you replaced a clutch the diff is cake. Takes me about 2 hours now that I have done a few. First one took 3. Very simple. Just be smart and drop the rear sway bar out of the way.

Headers took me about 5-6 hours working slowly.

#17 ·
Here`s the deal:

Your car is probably putting down right around 150 HP *to the wheels*....not bad, but not earth-shattering, either. You would probably need another 25 or so RWHP to consistently run mid-to-high 6s in the zero-to-sixty sprint, and as previously mentioned by the astute veteran `festers, the most effective solutions would be the combination of a 3.46 rear gear, eBay headers, and a free-flow exhaust system. Since excess weight is MUCH more detrimental to a low-horsepower car, it would behoove you to remove your jack, spare tire, tools, floor mats, CDs, spare change, etc..
All of the above would enhance your quest for a low E.T.

Which brings us to the issue of Driver Input:
Since a *lot* depends on this, you`ll need to play with tire pressures, launch techniques, shift points, etc.

Ultimately, you can *probably* achieve your goal.....

(or you can buy a 330i :bigpimp:)

#34 ·
Yes there are options. Lots of cars out there can do the job!:bigpimp:
Dump weight and focus on the driver inputs.

#27 ·
^^ that was quick!!
One thing though, as soon as i saw that stock non-sport steering wheel, i couldn't help thinking that there's a car-seat in the back with toys and dipers on the floor :rofl:

#45 · (Edited)
328 has no chance unless driver of 330 is worst i think.

OR that 330 should clearly malfunction today, poor maintenance doesn't mean it's surely going to break exactly today.

190bhp vs. 228bhp
207 ft·lbf vs. 221 ft·lbf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.