BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How does your opinion of the E65 NOW comapre to when you first saw a pic of it?

• Gorgeous- What was I thinking back then? Hooy-D is a design genius.

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Slightly better- I'm learning to see the beauty of big butts.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Neutral- I still don't like it but I no longer want to vomit when I see one.

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Unchanged- It's still hideous. I fear for the future of BMW design.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Worse- As I see more, I'm finding new details to hate.

Votes: 9 11.7%

Do you still think the E65 is as ugly as when you first saw a pic of it?

9K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  Jetfire 
G
#1 ·
This poll is ONLY for those who did not experience love-at-first-sight upon seeing pics of the E65 for the first time.

Now that it's been around for a while and we've all seen numerous copies in the flesh, so to speak, has your opinion changed?

And, yes, I stole the idea for this poll from one I saw posted at the Org.

#53 ·
RE: Responding to?

Sim - Out of curiosity, man, who the hell are you responding to?
This fellow.

Barnacle Bill said:
I came to this board because I was tired of this BS on the Roadfly board. Looks like it's worse here!

Well, Mr MFAH, for the record, I loved the E65 at first site, still love it, and can't imagine what kind of a MFAH would go onto a board for owners of a car and post BS like this poll. All the other E65 haters your brought with you are MFAH's, too. I sincerely hope each and every one of you chokes on your own bile and dies this very night.

Have a nice evening, MFAH's:)
He must have a self-confidence or masculinity issue.:eeps:

Somewhere along the way, we seem to have lost our ability to think for ourselves, and as a result the idea that someone would not like the car we bought has become a crisis.
Grow the fu@k up already!
Get over it.

I have never subscribed to the school of thought of doing the popular thing.
Often, I regard "John Q. Public" as cattle.....as part of the herd,
going along to get along,
eating at Mickey D's,
reading the USA Today,
actually believing what the news media says instead of reading between the lines.
This is the sort of person that waits for something to happen rather than MAKING something happen.

The world is chock full of people that don't give a damn if I live or die. :cry:
There are many more that could care less what my opinion on a given issue is, in this case the E65. :cry:
This is the way of the world.
Maturity dictates that one accept the notion that someone else has a different opinion, and that the tides will continue to rise & fall nonetheless.

So at the risk of repeating myself....:banghead::banghead:
"If you bought/leased an E65, more power to you!"
"Drive safely & enjoy the ride."
"I hope you are happy with your decision."

My dislike for the E65's STYLING and the courage to say so, to my mind, doesn't make me or anyone else an MFAH.

If someone else believes it does, GREAT!! I'm a big Son Of A Bit@h, I can handle that. :banghead:
But it won't get me to write a check for the car.

#54 ·
Man - You're waaay behind the times.... Barnacle Bill crashed and burned weeks ago. Here is his swan song from then:

Barnacle Bill's Swan Song

Big sons of bit@hes drive big cars. REALLY big sons of bit@hes drive two of 'em! (or more...)

So from one beefy S O B to another, Sim, don't help this board degenerate into a RoadFly e65 bard. Point is, discussions on aesthetics are pointless. You're too much a man to need to respond like that. I've read your posts on the E38 board - you're above this type of trash. It's unbecoming - plus, it scares the children!

Ain't no MAN on this board (or any other) who gives a rat's a$$ about what an anonymous adolescent or any other faceless internet persona thinks. I'm here for facts and info. I got enough friends and hangers-on to argue with in person.

Bottom line: Barnacle Bill is history. So responding by to him one-sided, you're just playin' with yourself, man. Contempt for others on the internet is like masturba tion -- it's best kept a secret pleasure!

#55 ·
:cry: Sorry I missed him!:cry:

:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for the words of wisdom. :thumbup:

Still it riles me :flipoff: that a difference of opinion warrants a label like MFAH.

What do you suppose would happen if I were to call someone that because they didn't mod their E38 the way I have done Baby? :dunno:

To each his own I guess!

Cheers,

Have a great day. :) I love fall weather :)

#56 · (Edited)
Eugie Baange said:
Back to the E65; I have never seen a car that provoked such mixed feelings in me. I see it once and I like it. I see it again and I don't. Parts of it are drop-dead beautiful; others, unbelievably hideous.
I agree with that statement. I saw a steel grey one from the side profile yesterday that shocked me... in a good way. It looked nice in that color from the side... and for the first time I didn't mind it. Then I saw the back of it and didn't like it.

It does ellicit a lot of different feelings depending on color and angle.

#57 · (Edited)
Re: RE: Responding to?

740iL Sport said:

Maturity dictates that one accept the notion that someone else has a different opinion, and that the tides will continue to rise & fall nonetheless.
Words of wisdom! Nice car BTW... I saw a black E38 740i Sport yesterday that made me want to buy one. Resale values on 98-99's seem to be higher than what I remember. Perhaps the E65 has made demand for "Classic" bimmers high?

PS: Are you guyz happy with yourselves? You drove Barnacle Bill off of the web! :D Poor delusional soul thinking he could find soulace here.

BTW: THat guy has to grow some thicker skin. YOu buy a controversial car then are concerned because it causes controversy. Wierd. I drove a 97 Saab 900Turbo for years and LOVED the fact that people thought it was ugly.... until I tried to sell it. DOH! :D

#58 ·
Re: Re: RE: Responding to?

JPinTO said:

PS: Are you guyz happy with yourselves? You drove Barnacle Bill off of the web! :D
Thank you. Baby is an ongoing adventure.

Sadly, I cannot lay claim to that distinction. I have never had the pleasure? of a discussion with Mr. Bill.

I think his behavior is like the kid on the sand lot that stalks off in a huff, taking his ball with him, because someone made fun of his sneakers.

But Low Tech is right....This isn't worth the time I have wasted on it.

Cheers

#61 ·
Ah, but as a Design Visionary, one cannot allow himself to be confined to the narrow space allowed a designer by those that consider themselves to be guardians of the marque.

I create, bay-bee...

#62 · (Edited)
A. van Hooydonk said:
Ah, but as a Design Visionary, one cannot allow himself to be confined to the narrow space allowed a designer by those that consider themselves to be guardians of the marque.

I create, bay-bee...
Guardian of the Marque? Moi? Hardly. Nor do I presume to be.

Still, because my neighbor simply has to have the latest "designer" clothing or in this case the latest in "designer" automobiles, doesn't compel me to mindlessly "follow the herd"

I can & do think for myself, so.......

Sell it to someone else, bay-bee

The almighty checkbook

#65 · (Edited)
Re: 7'er with Decals

Nbtstatic said:
You wanna talk about an ugly automobile, your old 7 is the crown jewel of ugliness.
This one?

Or is it this one instead?

Or this one?

Perhaps this one??

Note: reflection of the clouds in the hood

Gee, since it is the same car, my position with the E65 still applies, I think for myself.
If you don't like my E38, don't buy one, or don't enter yours in the One Lap of America.

Likewise, if you like the E65, buy 2. Good luck and enjoy them both.

Cheers

PS: I'll be sure and run any ideas about my next project through you to make sure it gets your approval first.:dunno:

#66 ·
Re: 7'er with Decals

Nbtstatic said:
You wanna talk about an ugly automobile, your old 7 is the crown jewel of ugliness.
I could care less about this comment, but I hope it was sarcastic.
:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.