BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

530 subwoofers

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  H F 
#1 ·
I want to upgrade my subwoofers in my 04 530i. Just wondering what others have done and what you upgraded to. Should I put a sub box in the trunk or should I try and upgrade the factory subs?

I've been looking at 2 12" subs in the trunk.

#2 ·
i went with a sub box inthe trunk with a ported band pass box, thru the rear arm rest. that way all the sound goes in the cab sounds great.. 2 amps. one 300 amp for mids and highs with the stock speakers. a 500 amp for the woofer... worked well in my car ,,, i didnt go high amps to be easyer on the alternator.

#6 ·
I have the factory speakers hooked up to a 300 watt 4 channel amp, the woofer I got running on a 500 one channel amp, all the connections are tapped into the factory amp harness in the driver side trunk panel , I'm running a 10 inch woofer in a ported bandpass box made out of one inch mdf, the port runs thru the arm rest in the back seat, all the sound goes straight inside the car out of a 4 inch port ,it sounds bad ass,,, no rattling in the trunk it's a solid deep tone,,

#14 ·
I see... i have mine set up alitle different.. i have a module hooked up that automatically turns on the amps wen it senses power turned on in the car . like the remote to open the car.. and automatically shuts power off to the amps bout two or thre min after the car is turned off or the car is locked. i also have a switch in the car tha cuts powerr off completely.. to overide the module.

#20 ·
Leathal .. i was like Hmm, was wondering bout that. i added a kill switch cause when i clean my car i would open and close the doors and trunk and the amps would go off and on( and it takes me hours to clean my car ) then my battery would die... So thats why i installed a kill switch. it keeps them off, untill i turn them on,,

#21 ·
thx... Pat. i get alot alot compliments. everyone says inside the car it looks like it came from the factory. I did every thing myself. designed it, drew it up on paper. built the box and installed it all. the only thing i didnt do was connecting the wires to the existing audio harnes had my stereo guy do it cause i didnt wanna fry anything.....
i have alot of time and effort invested into it.. glad u liked it.. im very proud of it. let me know if u need any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.