BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Not a good weekend

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  garethparsonage 
#1 ·
My BMW got hit, of all the other piece of s**t cars on street the idiot decides to hit mine. Talk about rude awakening at 3am. Rear tire looks out of place, question is will it ever be the same again?
Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car

See less See more
#2 ·
Ive been lucky here in the Bay area with these idiots....
My hart gos out to ya. Looks like you'll get a new right rear or rear drive train out of it.
As long as the frame isn't damaged you should be alright....
Hope they had insurance...

#4 ·
bummer - bad luck indeed!

#5 · (Edited)
Ouch, that is painful to look at.

That is a pretty bad hit. Besides body work, the minimum will be the drivers side wheel, rear axle, bearing and carrier, control arms and shock ($5K parts). But you probably need the complete rear sub-frame, diff plus sways etc...($4K parts) If you have dynamic drive that is $1K on it's own for the sway bar.

Check out the trunk to body gap line, that is not looking good.

#6 ·
Hopefully you caught the person who did it? It definitely looks like an expensive repair, as soon as the wheel moves off the axle line you know it is not good, one of those were the surface bodywork not to bad but hidden pain!!!!

#7 ·
Wow! The sheet metal damage don't seem to bad but because they hit that wheel directly, you have some serious work to do on the rear suspension and compnents. As long as they check the frame and it's fine then it should be OK once they replace all the bolt on parts. I feel your pain :cry:. Not pretty to look at.

#8 ·
It almost looks like they ONLY hit the wheel! If you're lucky it's just suspension damage. If you're unlucky it's frame damage.

Check my signature. I feel your pain. In my case the frame was bent, and it was totaled.

#9 ·
Yea that sucks. From the looks of it and the time you mentioned it sounds like a hit and run. Either way you should be ok insurance wise as you were clearly not in the wrong. As for the damage, as others have stated, just pray there is no frame damage or the car is as good as done. Don't know what part of Texas you are in but the drivers in the Houston area are terrible. My wife is from there and I'm always amazed at the lack of driving skill I see when I am out there.

#10 ·
Thanks for all your condolences guys. Talked to my adjuster he said they were going to replace most of the components for the fractured left rear suspension. Need to fix my driver side door since it won't open. Will also be looking at front suspension, right front wheel, because it hit against the sidewalk on impact! Therefore probably have to replace both wheels since they probably are bent. To think that one of the 3 stupid gangbangers offered me $30 bucks to fix it! Man was I pissed, luckly their vehicle was undrivable and the cops were able to apprehend them. Should be ready next Wednesday but I'm gonna go to shop and check out the progress this Friday.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

#11 ·
...To think that one of the 3 stupid gangbangers offered me $30 bucks to fix it! Man was I pissed...
If they whack it up between them, that's only $10 bucks each or .000015 % of the actual damage cost. Probably figured they did you a solid!

No seriously, hope everything works out, tough to look at! What kind of car hit you btw? Did they determine the speed of impact?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.