BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 BMW 550I MSport

7K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  ChrisF01 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and to BMW but looking to purchase my first BMW. I am looking to purchase a pre-owned 2011 550I Msport. I am looking at one that is listed on E bay with all of the option that I want. It is a Manufacturer buy back from California and has the remaining warranty on it. Please give some feedback on this type of purchase and would it be a wise decision. Here is the Listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-5...0133263?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccb60720f

Thanks for all the feedback in Advance!

Paul

#3 ·
Lemon titled...I wouldn't do it.

#5 ·
If it was a buy back due to something small like a paint defect, etc, sure. Engine light on and fuel pump replaced......beware.

#7 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all the input. I was always a little bit Leary of these types of Titles. I think I will wait for a better one to come along. I've been for some time now to find the right car and to wait a little longer for the right car is not gonna kill me. Thanks again!

#8 ·
If it helps new 2012s are discounted heavily now. I was able to knock $11,375 off sticker on a new 550i xdrive M sport.

#9 ·
Hey Getz, thanks for that information. I would certainly be interested in a deal like that. Any ideas where I could find a 2012 550i MSport, Carbon Black, fully loaded. How did you find yours. Seems like a lot of the BMW dealerships are out of the 2012, or I may be looking in the Wrong Place.

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
You are in Vegas, check the LA area... Lots of dealers there and just a short Southwest flight and you can drive it back yourself.

#12 ·
I searched CA and the southwest, there are 45 2012 550xi cars listed on cars.com, and washington state was about the closest I could come. I listed the Peoria car because its specifically has all the trunk money discounted on the online price.

#14 ·
The bellvue car is perfect.

#15 ·
Hey guys,

Again thanks for the all the valuable information and keep it coming. I am in no hurry and just trying to find the best value and car for me. All information is very valuable. I have been test driving a few car and I have to say, nothing is comparable to the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Thanks

Paul

#16 · (Edited)
Here u go buddy
check it out
from bmw's website
just hit search on the bottom right of there page and it will list the cars
u can change the distance

ps. cool thing about the 11 is that the msport came with Active Roll Stabilization = unbelievable handling
on the 12 it was a stand alone option but the 11's had more issues !
good luck

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/cont...turn=/Standard/Content/CPO/ModelSearchRD.aspx

#17 · (Edited)
2012 BMW 550i M-Pacakge

I am looking to transfer my lease on my 2012 550i M-package. It is my dream car and is 100% what you are looking to buy. My wife and I are moving and is the only reason I am looking to get out of my lease. I will give you $5000 and pay the lease transfer. At that point, you can buy the car from BMW Financial for only $57,205.41. I am offering a bug incentive because I need the car to move quickly. I am looked in California.

My car is amazing and I searched for months to find it since it is very rare. I have a 2012 BMW 550i with the M-package (Jet Black/Black). Few pics attached***8230; this car has a 400hp V8 twin turbo. I am very OCD about my cars. It is only parked in a garage and is hand washed every Saturday at the BMW dealership. I also had the dealership remove the 19***8221; wheels and replace them with the 20***8221; wheels from the 7-series ($6,800 for the wheels and tires)

I was just at a dealership today and they are selling my car with all my options for $74k. I paid $5k down and I have both the rim / tire warranty and $5k dent / ding as part of my monthly payments. What that means is if I ever get a flat tire or bend my wheels in a pothole they are replaced for free. Also, when the car is returned at the end of the lease I can have up to $5k of dents or dings.

Below is all the details but essentially I am looking for someone to take over my lease. I will pay that person $5k and the $500 transfer fee. It is a very easy process and goes through BMW financial services.

1) Leasing company. BMW Financial
2) Current mileage. 10,000
3) Total miles allowed to drive or miles per year. 12,000
4) Lease start date. 2/10/2012
5) Lease end date. 2/10/2015
6) $5000 incentive plus $500 lease transfer fee ($5500 value).
8) Car is hand washed every Saturday at BMW Century West (Fell free to contact Fred in the service department to verify). I only keep it in a garage and have OCD about my cars
9) Residual $40,945.10
10) Payoff $61,462.63 (if you apply the $5500 I am giving you the car is only $55,962.63)
11) In February this car would have cost $74,000+ and is still that price if you go to a dealership and buy a 2013.
Car features:
12) Lease payment per month is only $894.36 if you apply the $5k incentive. It costs me $1,072.93

- 20***8221; M-Wheels from the 7 series (car originally comes with 19***8221;. Retail $6,800)
- Carbon fiber lid deck spoiler (dealer installed. Retail $700)
- DVDinMotion
- 0ZCV Convenience Package
- 0ZMP M Sport Package
- 0ZPS Premium Sound Package
- 0337 M Sport Package
- 0258 Run-flat tires
- 02TB Sport automatic transmission
- 0319 Universal garage-door opener
- 03AG Rear-view camera
- 0423 Floor mats
- 0494 Heated front seats
- 04CE Anthracite Wood Trim
- 0508 Park Distance Control
- 0522 Xenon headlights
- 0609 Navigation system
- 0639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth
- 06FL iPod and USB adapter
- 06NF Smartphone Integration
- 06NR BMW Apps

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bmw

#20 · (Edited)
If you can find my car new with my extras even $10k close to my price you must know magic :) $55,962.63 for my car and the sticker was $70k without my extras. Thanks for the feedback.

#22 ·
I'm actually looking to sell my 2012 550xi. It's got every option except rear seat entertainment. MSRP was 85k, it's it literally brand new condition (I baby my cars, and it's always parked in a garage at home and work), with 10,500 miles. I'm looking to get 72k out of it.

Seems on the high side of what I see out there, but it's what I owe on it.

Thoughts?

#23 ·
That is patently too high. Someone on this site just sold a more loaded 550 with dinan upgrades for $69k.

#28 ·
:dunno:
There is a couple of different things going on.

Question about a 2011
Lease take over on a 550
Sale of a 550

#30 ·
Looking at it 550 M Sport online -

Do you have Radar cruise, night vision detection, active cruise, executive package as well as every single package except individual? I am finding it difficult to imagine a 85K 550xi

#34 ·
Then you missed some options on your list, I went exactly from your list.

#35 ·
BASE MSRP
$64,700
Imperial Blue Metallic$0
Oyster and Black Dakota Leather$0
Dark wood trim$0
Cold Weather Package$950
Driver Assistance Plus$700
• Driver Assistance Package$1,200
Dynamic Handling Package$3,500
Executive Package$4,500
Luxury Seating Package$1,300
M Sport Package$2,900
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles$500
Active Cruise Control$2,400
Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades$575
Automatic high beams$250

#36 ·
BASE MSRP

Dynamic Handling Package$3,500
Executive Package$4,500
You missed these two originally so that would make the difference. Make sure you add it to your auto trader ad and any other ads. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.