BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Production date anxiety

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jvr826 
#1 ·
hi,

my production date for my 2005 325ci was last week and have not heard any news from the dealer when my car will be ready. i don't have a vin number so i can finalize the loan, get insurance or register the car. i called the dealer but he hasn't gotten back to me. i'm losing my mind and if i had any hair i would be pulling it out. so my question is how long should this process take? is there some compensation i can get for having to wait this freaking long? :mad: sorry i had to vent.

thanks

#2 ·
Mini Art said:
hi,

my production date for my 2005 325ci was last week and have not heard any news from the dealer when my car will be ready. i don't have a vin number so i can finalize the loan, get insurance or register the car. i called the dealer but he hasn't gotten back to me. i'm losing my mind and if i had any hair i would be pulling it out. so my question is how long should this process take? is there some compensation i can get for having to wait this freaking long? :mad: sorry i had to vent.

thanks
:)

When I got my Audi RS6 I ordered the car in April 2002, the car went into productionin February and I couldn't take delivery until late July!!!! Drove me nuts!

J

#3 ·
Do u have a production number for your order? If so, it's possible to check the production status over the phone or at BMW's website, at least for USA orders it is. I tracked mine regularly this way. Once it's produced you'll have the VIN number.

Lucky you that you're in Germany, you'll get it much faster than I did. I ordered 2/25/05 and didn't pick up until 5/27/05, talk about a long wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.