BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

09-010: need ///m6: please advice !

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  catman550 
#1 ·
Guys,

I am just going crazy the minute I see an ///m6 ferociously roars past me on the roads here in LA:

Right now, I have an 07-328i-40k miles & I want to sell it off quick for 20-23k & I am looking for an ///m6 with around 10-20k miles on it

Based on my research - what I have found is not many of them are available especially for 09-010 - also the price ranges from 60k to 85k

My budget will be to do a max of 65k - that too I will have to sell mine for 20-23 k- then take a loan of around 40k -

Please do advice on what shall be my approach to get his beast ! I was thinking m3 initially but I don't think that does the cut for me

I need v10 & 500hp + the lethal looks of an m6 - agree that mpg is on the lower side - 11 mpg city - but guess what I just love the engines noise so bad --- that I am just going crazy every day - got to buy this car!!!

Hows the resale on it and the maintenance guys ? I haven't had much to worry on my 07-328i - but then again I don't know much about the m cars - in terms of maintenance?

Please advice

Thanks and keep burning the Roads with the power of M - love - respect & flamboyance !

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't cheap out and get the cheapest you can find; it'll burn you on the back-end. Get one with remaining warranty/maintenance -- and why not go for an '08 then and save a bit? Also the 6-series is much heavier; if you like the "go-kart" feel of the 328i go for a tuned 335i or an M3 and save your money.

#4 ·
I agree jakobv84, you should look into an 08 M6 a little cheaper and still very low miles. You are going to want one with the warranty because if you don't have a warranty we r talking some serious cash for parts/maintenance. Brake job is around 5k w/out a warranty :yikes:. I was the same as you when deciding on a new car M3 or M6. Lets just say that i am beyond pleased with my 08 M6. I'm so glad i went with the M6 over the M3. Don't get me wrong the M3 is an awesome car but V-10 500 horses that does it for me lol. Maintenance is not to bad just b sure to get it into the dealership whenever the cars electronic system tell you and you will be fine. Just b prepared to pay about 2 grand every time you need new tires. Go w/ the M6 you wont b dissapointed!:thumbup:

#5 ·
+1...don't be seduced! I turned in a low mileage (about 25K) `08 M6 convertible when I leased my 7. I LOVED the M6, but most likely will not do an M car again because they're not practical for me and the high cost of just basic ownership...fuel, oil, tyres. I agree with Jackson where he talks about getting one that's still under warranty...you'll be cursing yourself if you don't...and then purchase an extended warranty. If it sounds like I'm being negative, I'm not; I just know from experience that owning an M6 can be a very expensive proposition.

#7 ·
Hey, I actually just picked one up in so cal......i got the black one in pasadena Rusnak- 09 41k miles still under warranty....and def getting warranty extended...
also looked at the one at Bob smith......lower miles but the dealer wouldnt let it go for anything less than $58k....the car is not that well kept.....(doggy smell.....front windshield weather strip is all cracked......leather seat slightly worned out.....) just a bit excessive for an 09 IMO....granted the car is BMW CPO-ed....

I cam from a 2006 M Roadster...i would DEF get something with (or can buy) warranty...if you get anything older than a 09 chances are that you cannot get BMW warranty (or any decent aftermarket warranty) because most of them doesnt cover a M6 and the ones that do requires that your man. warranty is still in effect.

Gas cost is quite a bit...16 mpg avg...if you are lucky......so i def dont recommend it as a daily driver....i bought the M6 as a fun weekend car (i drive a 12' golf as a DD) and i do not plan to put anything more than 10k miles a year (if that) but oil/brakes/tires is really no big diff compared to other M cars.......(gotta remember you are driving the most expensive BMW....so gotta pay to play...IMO)

yes there isnt much 09/10 around (i've been researching for the past 30+ days) the only other one that i see as a decent deal is the one in Savage BMW.....2010 with under 30k mile CPOed (you can probabaly get that for about 61-62k + tax and fees)

#11 ·
I just bought a 2010 M6 SMG with 23,800 mi. still under warranty for $55K its like brand new all the records plus it already had $8,500 + in Dinan tuning done, Pulley, Airboxes, Stage three flash / tune, and Rear chrome exhaust. Black on Black W/ CF trim.

I came from a 02 A8L and that was a all black aluminum missile. I miss her dearly she is in a court battle I might get her back:)

Carmax had a 2010 M6 one moth ago and two weeks after I bought mine with 14K miles for exactly the same price, minus the Dinan extras. If I could have I would have bought them both!

These are the last of the MONSTERS, the last of the NA's and a V10 bed plate motor! with dry sump... This car will pull to redline in 7th! My stage three Diana flash raised redline to 8,400 RPM and It should be putting out 552HP at the crank, 420 Tourge, will have dyno numbers soon.

These cars have issues though. Rod bearings are going out in these and so are the S65 motors V10 is a S85. You need to look into "VAC motor sports" to get you some coated bearings and get them installed. So your Oil every 5,000 , 2,500 if your redlining all the time! Oils cheap... The SMG can be flashed with Euro tune specs. so a search I think its a v41 or N41 for the latest on the SMG, also go to a 3.91 RP set. Lowers your top end however your neck snapping 0-60's will go allot better and you Love it!

It's the fastest car I have every owned and its so solid and wonderful to drive I would not change my mind on the is purchase I actually want another one!

Remember its the last of the NA's with V10 monster F1 heritage and the trans is not bad if you take time to learn how to drive it right. It's all subjective...

Enjoy life you only go around once so go for it!

catman550

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.