BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pre-LCI to LCI headlights?

37K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  enyapneb 
#1 ·
I have a Pre-LCI e90, i was told you can put LCI headlights (Halogen to Halogen) in, its just a plug and play. Can somebody confirm that?

#4 · (Edited)
They are shaped differently.

EDIT: I may be wrong. I'm not sure now. Looking at photos it looks very much like they have the same shape. It's been a while since I've looked at them closely in person, but my recollection is that the shape is slightly different. Maybe it was an optical illusion.

#7 ·
you'll need either coding or resistor packs to get rid of the bulb out warning for the front turn signals

#9 · (Edited)
I didn't require any of this, I will note though that my car is RHD and we don't have those yellow DRL you guys have. Also, I'm pretty sure, I've seen people from the US do this change and they required no coding.

Also see this: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253268

This looks like a US guy, as you can see the indicators work just like before and it was just plug and play for him as well. The headlights are about $400 a corner though. In Australia I didn't even bother asking BMW how much they are, they probably would have been around $1500 each. (Usually parts a 3.5x more expensive here)

#11 ·
What about these?

:thumbup:

Attachments

#12 ·
Man that stance looks aggressive and slick as f*ck aleks. Digging it very much.

Does that mean if I swapped my 06's PRE-LCI lights to the LCI's I could have angel eyes as DRL's instead of just the inner lights? No coding?

#14 ·
I think you have the xenon's, so I don't know if the xenon PRE-LCI can even be swapped with the LCI ones, because I swapped halogen to halogen. You can google it, I'm sure there are answers to that question :p

Also with your DRL's, in Australia we don't have to turn them on, from what I can tell in the US, the side blinkers are your DRL's, so I assume even if you got the it would be whatever it was on your old lights, so if it was the parkers, then the angel eyes would become your DRL's. Even if you needed coding its pretty simple, you need a laptop a cable and some software you can get easily for free.

#13 ·
The angel eyes are wired in, and all canbus based. No errors but does require the front bumper removal.

There is also an eyebrow light and twin front led which sits between the both angels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.