BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iphone 5 and my 650ix Grand Coupe

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nwills 
#1 ·
First, let me apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere as I am knew to this site and I am also new to BMW.

When my car arrives I want to be ready; so does the car have bluetooth connectivity? is there any other type of connectivity to the iphone 5 that I should be looking into ? If there is a thread that covers this , if some one could direct me there I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Tom

#2 ·
The iPhone 5 will connect without problem via Bluetooth giving you full phone call capabilities along with text and email notification and reading.

If connected via the lightning/USB cable to the USB port in the armrest you get full iPod integration, charging and phone call etc are now done via USB rather than Bluetooth.

The iPod capabilities will give you artwork, playlists and most of the functionality of the iPhone/iTunes app.

#3 ·
The iPhone 5 will connect without problem via Bluetooth giving you full phone call capabilities along with text and email notification and reading.

If connected via the lightning/USB cable to the USB port in the armrest you get full iPod integration, charging and phone call etc are now done via USB rather than Bluetooth.

The iPod capabilities will give you artwork, playlists and most of the functionality of the iPhone/iTunes app.
Phone calls are not done via USB. Never been.

#5 ·

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom

#4 ·
First, let me apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere as I am knew to this site and I am also new to BMW.

When my car arrives I want to be ready; so does the car have bluetooth connectivity? is there any other type of connectivity to the iphone 5 that I should be looking into ? If there is a thread that covers this , if some one could direct me there I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Tom
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647089&highlight=iphone

Enhanced Bluetooth is standard in your 6GC. You should also opt for BMW Apps for additional features and integration. BMW Apps videos are at www.bmwusa.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.