BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Cargo compartment tray

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  raddray 
#1 ·
We just purchased 35d from dealer,has the spare. Want to take out while in town and put in the tray that I see in pictures. Where can I get this?

#13 ·
Got a Link to the lid mechanism?

Yup, there's someone on here selling the lid mechanism for pretty cheap. It's essentially bolt on. BMW doesn't have it on US-spec models :mad:
AutoUnion...I've searched repeatedly and can't find a link to the bold on lid mechanism (assumed to be a hydraulic piston of sorts). I'm probably brain dead on my search capabilities today:confused: , but do you by chance have the linK?

#14 ·
AutoUnion...I've searched repeatedly and can't find a link to the bold on lid mechanism (assumed to be a hydraulic piston of sorts). I'm probably brain dead on my search capabilities today:confused: , but do you by chance have the linK?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498387
The parts are:
51-47-9-149-120 strut $37.86
51-47-9-138-212 plate $6.12
07-12-9-903-027 screws $0.96 (Need 4)

The prices have gone up. If you use a BMW dealer that has an online store, I found one where you can get all 6 items for $67 shipped.

#8 ·
Do you have a link? I would love to add this to my soon to arrive 50 M-Sport.

#9 ·
Sometimes I think it's ridiculous the stuff we don't get on us models, but then I think about the fact that we must be getting smoking deals on vehicles if the go to the work to cut such minute parts from the assembly process.

Jay

#17 · (Edited)
I just ordered these two items 2 weeks ago from getbmwparts.com.

The rear cover lift kit is listed under the x5 accessories list for $55.00

Accessory Catalog
Genuine BMW E70 X5 Rear Cargo Floor Shock Kit

I originally ordered my x5d with the spare tire because i was planning to get non rft snow tires to swap during the winter because the 20" wheels would not do well in any snow condition when trying to stop going down the steep hill near my house. I was able to find a set of barely used 18" RFT snows on OEM bmw wheels so I took out the spare tire and jack and replaced it with the luggage compartment pan. There are two part numbers for this part depending if you have the tie down tracks(storage compartment package) or not.

Luggage compartment pan 51477146043

For vehicles with Storage compartment package
Luggage compartment pan 51476974232

You'll also need the plastic plugs that attach the pan to the car:
Fixing plug (6 I think) 51471911992

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.