BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ANyone in Orange County, CA to help coding for a newbie

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  TIMEOUTZ 
#1 ·
I am super excited to hear the options we have with the coding although I am pretty good with computers still somewhat hesitant to tackle this initially on my own, and would appreciate if anyone locally to get me started during lunch and some beers?:p

I have a '13, 535, M Sprt, Cold Climate, Premium, Driver Assistance Pckg, Nav. Shift Paddles, ONline Information Services,

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Vasco

#2 ·
I coded the following in a car similar to yours today and I'm happy to teach or to do. I live in San Diego north county along highway 56. If you want to come down on any afternoon, weekday or weekend, I'd be happy to meet you at the west end of the 56 where it meets the 5.

- disabling Auto Stop Start (where it remembers last setting) (success)
- Windows and sunroof close from remote (success) and,
- close via ridges on door handles(not working)
- Trunk close from remote button and interior button (success)
- Opening doors will not interrupt auto window up (success)
- High beams and fog lights can be on at the same time (did not work, research in progress)
- turn on the torque meter for your video screen (success)
- tire pressure monitor shows temp and PSI (success)
- turn off the warning on your GPS screen when you start the car (success)
- DVD in motion (success)

#4 ·
The E-Sys software can be run natively on a windows PC (I've got it running happily on Win 7 64) or in a VM in Windows or Mac (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646189). That does not directly answer your question, but in reading your question I did not see that you know that the coding process requires the use of E-Sys software. I meant no offense if you did already have this information. I have had some folks who thought that they could code their car by hooking the laptop up to the car via the USB port and then opening a browser instance, as though the car were a normal network device at a home or office. The coding does require specific software as I mention in my first sentence.

For when we meet, we can use my laptop and cable, or your setup if you have one, and I can lead you through the steps or do the coding for you, whatever you prefer. You may enjoy the results more if you do most of the work yourself :)

I'll send a PM to you for the specifics of getting together.

#5 ·
Thanks NO I do not have E-Sys software and all I have is the cable and MAC. I also thought about getting it done with Tripl3_O (Okee) via remote access but thought of doing it live with someone and learn the process seems more enjoyable and practical (as you have mentioned).:thumbup:

Vasko
QUOTE=MWPos;7571779]The E-Sys software can be run natively on a windows PC (I've got it running happily on Win 7 64) or in a VM in Windows or Mac (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646189). That does not directly answer your question, but in reading your question I did not see that you know that the coding process requires the use of E-Sys software. I meant no offense if you did already have this information. I have had some folks who thought that they could code their car by hooking the laptop up to the car via the USB port and then opening a browser instance, as though the car were a normal network device at a home or office. The coding does require specific software as I mention in my first sentence.

For when we meet, we can use my laptop and cable, or your setup if you have one, and I can lead you through the steps or do the coding for you, whatever you prefer. You may enjoy the results more if you do most of the work yourself :)

I'll send a PM to you for the specifics of getting together.[/QUOTE]

#7 ·
Junior,
I can help you with any coding that you need but I'm in north San Diego. By "delete side ember lights," what do you mean? Do you want them to not illuminate as part of the turn signaling system or not to come on as part of the welcome and pathway lighting when you unlock the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.