BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New here.... Hi

Tags
:3
5K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  ditoedt325 
#1 ·
whats up kids, im new to joining this site although i have frequented it when needing fixes for my past couple bmws. I just picked up a low mileage 1995 325i 5 speed convertible. car has its issues like rot on the lower passenger fender and a bit on the trunk lid and the seats have a little wear most of which is on the driver seat of course. i picked the car up because tinkering with cars is a hobby of mine. ive owned over 30 cars at this point in my life, not just euro, or just japanese or just american either, i can appreciate all types of autos so my past vehicles varry quite a bit. my previous bmws are an 88 delphin grey with cardinal red interior 325i with a few goodies, and a 2001 black on tan 740il. i came across the vert on craigslist of course and gave the guy a email and a lowball offer, a day and a small wad of cash later i drove this home. since its bone stock performance wise it will be staying that way. i bought a set of coilovers for it today, and im currently wheel shopping. im on the market for some new seats so if you see any good deals feel free to let me know. now onto some pictures

heres the old grocery getter

and heres my fun car

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome!

Interesting wheels on the 7, never seen those E46ers on one before.

DroppingBMs = Dropping Bowel Movements? :p

Any errors in this post are purely Swype's fault, not mine.

#6 ·
Randy, I think the poor bastard has had his and then some owning the VAG car.

At this point it is on his own onus.

#7 ·
haha o really no audi love on here??? wweeeiiirrrdddd. ive honestly had better luck with my vag cars then with my subaru.... went through a couple engine builds on my old sti and it was a headache... im actually knee deep in a build on the s4 and it is by far the worst engine bay i have had to squeeze in.

#8 ·
Now that I'm on a real computer I'm noticing those aren't the E46 wheels I thought they were on the 7, what are they?

I think the problem is that many of us have owned Audis and know what a pain they can be. I had a C5 A6 Avant 2.8q for my wife, and a B5 A4 1.8Tq for myself, and both were nightmares. Did have a lot of fun for a while in the B5 though.

photo 101_3647.jpg
</a>

#9 ·
Glad you brought pics! Get that brake sensor (and the brakes if need be) replaced.

#10 ·
I'm actually not sure about the wheels on the 7 they were on there when I got it and I've actually seen a couple local 740s with the same wheels. I will be replacing the sensor when I put on my coilovers this week, hopefully they get here for weds. And I'm also supposed to be picking up a set of style 66 m5 wheels tomorrow as long as the roads are clear since we just got dumped on with snow. I think all I need to run them is a set of hub centric rings. Other then my b5 s4 I have had 01.5 b5a4 1.8t and a few mk4 jettas so I guess I'm used to the little issues u can get with them

#11 ·
Just fyi, I love Style 66, one of my favorite BMW wheels, but they never came on any M5. They're Sport package 540 wheels. They have a low offset (+18 iirc compared to +40 for e36) so on top of the hub centric rings you'll likely need a roll and pull.

#13 ·
wanted to get the type 66s but they ended up being pretty messed up. instead i picked up this set of ds2's and they are in pretty damn good shape. tracking shows my coilovers coming in by the 14th so this week should be a nice transformation. im going to run these wheels until i find something i like a little better

#14 ·
Have fun keeping them clean, haha. That's why I took them off of mine. I keep them as a spare set for now.

#16 · (Edited)
coils are in. still looking for some tan seats... im picking up a set of sideskirts on tuesday from a guy locally. can anyone help me with the name of the piece thats rusted that im trying to replace. i can see that there are seems on either side so it looks like the replacement would be pretty easy to cut and weld back in.

#17 ·
#23 ·
:rofl: :thumbup:

You know, I'd believe that. I've seen plenty of strange things at the launch ramps :rofl:

#25 ·
this ebrake doesnt do much either, i gotta take a look at trying to tighten it. for being a 95 located in mass right near the ocean its whole life i expected worse honestly as far as the rust. wanted to take the ride this weekend to pick up the sideskirts but i ended up doing my coilovers and we did my buds sti coilovers too right after that so i was a little busy with working and doing both cars. ive been looking around at the different leather seat cover kits the past week and was wondering if anyone around here has had any good luck with them, i only really need the fronts so im thinking about doing it myself since i have heated and power and i havent been even able to find a good set of some used for decent money.

#26 ·
picked up a minty set of sideskirts for a great deal. and redid all the lower gray sections black. also ordered a turner chip. only other things i want to do are the seats and fix that rear end rust. also going to do some new control arms because the front right was looking tired when i did the coilovers

#29 · (Edited)
some more progress with the bmw. got a magnaflow catback that i need to put on in the next couple days, and i installed the tuned ecu. car feels great sometimes. the power surges a little and im trying to figure out why. sometimes it pulls a lot harder like it should so id like to get it pulling that hard all the time and fix whatever the issue is.

#30 ·
Does this power surge happen around 3,000 rpm?

#33 ·
Vamos can start as low as 2k rpm.

Welcome to the Boston green club :)

Sent from my HTC One VX using Bimmer App

#32 ·
got to drop the top again today and go for a nice back roads ride. car was running great earlier, was pulling hard for a while then it started doing the in and out of power thing again.... wish i could figure this **** out. installed the exhaust also, sounds great, doesnt drone or annoy, and makes some pretty nice music when you get on her

#36 ·
You would save much frustration by just replacing the seats. Thats what I did in the end. Plus there are plenty of e46 sport seats out there.... I got mine in mint cond for 400 /pair...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.