BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New 128i today!

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Nolan Santacruz 
#1 ·
Today is my wife's birthday. I think I made points. I will have a lot of questions, but can nobody tell me how to turn on an audible beep when I use the key fob to lock the doors?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the new 128! That color is stunning in person.

Do you have the BMW alarm installed on the car? I believe that is the only way to get it to 'chirp' when you lock the doors. Mine doesn't 'chirp' and I don't have the alarm and I have not seen an option to turn on the 'chirp'. :dunno:

#7 ·
Do you have the BMW alarm installed on the car? I believe that is the only way to get it to 'chirp' when you lock the doors. Mine doesn't 'chirp' and I don't have the alarm and I have not seen an option to turn on the 'chirp'. :dunno:
Yup, no alarm, no chirp from the factory. You can turn it on through coding though.

Congrats on the car OP

#3 ·
Congrat on your new car.Nice color.

#5 ·
Definitely a nice color...congrats on the new car. I assume the next step will be to figure out where to store the tube of sunblock in the car. I grew up in Florida and it is nice, but know how one can cook with the top down!

Geekapoo

#8 ·
The photo was on the Ohio river at the foot of Broadway in Paducah, KY. the top is black. And yes, I got some extra points. I will check with the dealer about turning on the chirp. Can somebody give me a link to a tutorial on hands free and BMW apostrophe? At this point, I've found those functions to be pretty unfriendly.

#14 ·
#16 ·
I keep it set up (even with top up) unless someone sits in the back. If not is use, it folds in half (1/2 length) and at least for mine, there is a cover for it and I keep it in the trunk. WIll keep it in the basement in the winter..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.