BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tuning question. Any help appreciated!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  southpole12 
#1 ·
Since this forum is the best, I decided to try and find some help here. I have a 2013 Audi TT RS. I have it tuned with stage 2 APR software. Now, my friend has a 535 JB4 tune without any issues. I am having a problem with the tune on my car. There are multiple people with the same issue. I have what feels like a miss fire when I go 75% to 100% throttle but it is not consistent. I have tried re-gapping my spark plugs but to no avail. No one is able to figure out this problem so that is why I decided to post on here to see if any of you have experienced an issue like this on your bmw. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Will your tune tell you what cylinder or cylinders are misfiring through a Log? Most of the time its plugs, coils, injectors or a combo. If you can read the missing cylinder swap the coil with another one not having a problem to see if the issue moves with it. If it moves its the coil if not it could be the plugs or injectors.

In the case of the 335 with a tune after about 25K miles the plugs are history.

#3 · (Edited)
what Bear says, if you can log most definitely log -if you can. If you can pin it down to a single cylinder, I'd troubleshoot both the plug and the coil at the same time by swapping the coil with a cylinder that doesn't misfire, and the plug to a different "good" cylinder. For instance, if 3 is misfiring, swap the coil to 4 and the plug with 2, and then run again and see if the misfire follows the plug or the coil. That way you can tell in one step if it's one of them.

If it's not those...dunno. injectors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.