BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1999 2.3/2.5 Z3 exhaust

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Zuzax 
#1 ·
Hello again,

I am debating putting an exhaust on my z3 and just wanted to see which one is the most popular and sounds the best. The only one I have researched as of yet is the Flowmaster 44 series and it doesn't seem to fit the style of the car. What would go the best with the class of a z3 roadster?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Josh

#2 · (Edited)
This is highly subjective depending on your taste for sound, your tolerance for volume, and of course your budget. There is a thread on the other forum (bimmerforums) that compiles many clips of various exhaust brands on various drivetrains. There are also a lot of active BMW clubs (including Z3's) in Georgia that have regular get togethers. I'm sure many owners have swapped their exhausts so you can hear them in person. I personally have a Supersprint on my 2.8 and an AC Schnitzer on my S54 and they are both rich and quiet at low RPMs but really sing a sweet wail as the revs rise. Many owners have done Magnaflows and are happy with them but they are louder. B&B and Eisenmann and Remus are also popular choices

EDIT: Have fun here

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956290&highlight=exhaust+clips

#5 · (Edited)
Magnaflows are mufflers only and will involve some cutting and welding to install. Their cost is low though so even with paying a muffler shop for labor, you should still come out ahead compared to buying a catback bolt-on and installing it yourself. If you ever go back to stock, you'll have to pay for labor again to have it taken off

#6 ·
Back in the day, the Supersprint exhausts were very popular for that era of Z3. I had one on my 97 2.8 and was overall very pleased. Since it was a complete bolt on, it was very easy to go back to stock if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.