BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1986 BMW 528e Help

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BMWFatherFigure 
#1 ·
Im looking at getting a BMW 528e (1986) and was wondering if there is much in the way of upgrades sucha as;
-Exhaust
-Intake
-ECM
-Coilover set up
-Braces

Im not trying to make it a vett killer or anything just quick with a good exhaust note.

I know there are quicker bimmers out there but, I like the body styles these cars have, I am very mechanincally inclined and if later on, wanted more power may add a turbo, or supercharger, or a bigger engine outta a newer bimmer, your help is appreciated!

-Dudz

#3 ·
The 'e' or eta engines were designed with high(er) torque but low revs. A standard head and EMU will up revs and power (to an extent). I guess you will end up with a total engine replacement to get what you want. IMO the best way to go is with a whole doner car to ensure you get all matching parts. You may even end up with a loom change which can be a real PIA.
With a standard 'i' head and EMU; try headers, mild cam, 1/2" bigger exhaust and full tune up. Fix brakes and suspension/steering wear first. No point being first to the corner if you don't get round it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.