BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Headlight Switch...

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dictator 
#1 ·
I am looking for some help... When I turn my headlights on, the brights are on and I have to hold the lever back a tiny bit to turn them off, but as soon as i let go they turn back on. And when I put on my turnsignal, left or right (it doesnt matter), the brights turn off. But as soon as the signals go off, the beams come back on. Does anyone know where I could order a german made replacement switch? Thanks.

#2 ·
try the hazard light switch first

my '81 just gave ma a good education in its electrical system. Your symptoms sound like they may stem from a hazard light switch that is going out. It is amazing how many of the light systems route through that dang switch. I had no headlights at times, other times all four corners would flash no matter left or right blinker engagement, etc.... all because of that switch.

Good price on a new one at: http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...rical & Vacuum&gid=4468@Hazard Warning Switch

Good luck, and let us know what works out. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.