BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2010 M3 Battery

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  -=Hot|Ice=- 
#1 ·
I am very close days (5 days) to end of 4yr warrantee and have 23K miles.
My battery is giving trouble and dash indicates low battery.
I suspect this is not under warrantee.

Is the only option to buy from BMW and 'register" the battery?

#3 ·
You know, I am pretty sure they warranteed the battery on my '03 ZHP at about 3.5 years. Same deal, electrical issues/bad cell.

I'd certainly give them a call.

#4 ·
Battery should be covered but with only 23k miles over four years they may tell you that you don't drive enough and that is what caused the battery to go bad. I have heard of some dealers denying warranty coverage for this BS. But it's worth a shot, take it to the dealer...

#5 ·
I'll see if they will be able to get me in. My bet it will be after my warrantee ends :)

#6 · (Edited)
Bergstrom BMW of Appleton had no appointment available, but since today was the LAST day of my Maintenance 4 yr /50,000 miles; they got me in, provided an X5 to drive, diagnosed and replaced my battery.

I want to give them an 11 or 12 rating out of 10 for this service. My sincere thanks to Dan Tibbits in the service department. He definitely deserves recognition!

Thank you all for responding to this simple forum question. It saved, me money, provided me the best replacement battery and restored faith in the BMW brand.

Attachments

#7 ·
:thumbup: Great news Dale! It's a shame that BMW doesn't put more pressure on dealers to offer consistently good service like you experienced today. My dealer has always been very good to me but it really is hit or miss...

#8 ·
I don't think I'll ever let go of this M3 as it was my very first European Delivery. Great car, great brand, great dealership!

#15 ·
I dont see myself parting with mine either.

I'm still on the original battery and my car was built in Jan 2008, currently at 46k miles. I did start putting mine on a charge earlier this year when I drive short trips. My normal commut to work is about 20 miles each way so it gets recharged on most days.

#10 ·
Thats great news!! Now you just need to have that baby as your signature pic and not the Porsche......lol

#11 ·
Can do!

#13 ·
I had a very similar experience with my 2011 M3. Battery completely dead :( Car has 35K miles. I called the Roadside assistance. BMW had me towed to Ontario BMW, where they had a car waiting for me. Approximately 4 hours later, the SA called and said the battery was defective. They replaced it with a new one, and it was washed and ready by 5PM.

Best experience ever, at any car dealer.

#16 ·
I did not pay a penny either.

#17 ·
I put my car on a tender if I'm not going to be using it for more than a week to keep the battery in good shape. also put it on a tender when it gets really cold out. Take care of those batteries folks. You don't want them just sitting, and short drives don't charge your battery enough. Drive it at least an hour two to three times a week to keep the juices flowing. Safe driving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.