BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Brand New 328i Conv, Transmission Malfunction

6K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  1zamboni 
#1 ·
Just bought a brand new 328i Conv, right after I drove home. Before I could drive out yesterday, Transmission Malfunction light on. restarted several times, still got same warning message. Call BMW road assistance, they asked me tow it to dealer to check it out. Towed it to dealer this morning.
Anybody saw this problem before?

#3 ·
So, if I'm reading this correctly, did this happen to a one-day-old no-real-miles nothing-but-the-drive-home car? Not used, but brand spanking new?

If the answer is "yes", I'd be talking to the dealer about doing a "let's send this one back and you give me that one over there instead" type replacement.

#8 ·
Hope it's the first and last issue you have. Unlikely but swapping to another car won't make any difference as virtually BMWs have unique quirks; give them a chance to remedy this one first. I bought my 328 convertible used with a smidge over 10K miles; it had a ton of issues but with the help of this and other forums it's virtually trouble free now.

#17 ·
That is horrible for a brand new car hope just a warning light nothing too serious. Keep us posted.

#20 ·
Wow that is serious repair.

#23 ·
I didn't explain well, or you misunderstood. They hired a local towing company to tow the car to dealer. What I meant in the original post was they told me the car was not drive-able and but had to be towed, so I could not drive it to dealer to check out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.