BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 x-5

7K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  xdrive 
#1 ·
I found this fascinatining : new x-5 arrives in September and NOBODY has picks or concrete information about this car. We saw pictures of Q-7 long in advance, as well as RR Sport. I am very anxious to see this new truck. Do you think it may be in NY show?
Alex

#2 ·
alex md said:
I found this fascinatining : new x-5 arrives in September and NOBODY has picks or concrete information about this car. We saw pictures of Q-7 long in advance, as well as RR Sport. I am very anxious to see this new truck. Do you think it may be in NY show?
Alex
WHO told you that it will arrive in september!?
From what i heard it will maybe maybe arrive late 2007 early 2008!

I mean BMW will for sure have some order secure before they release the car and that is way to late if it would arrive in september.

#4 ·
x-5 2007

you are probably right. we will be lucky to see this one in 2006.
i guess mystery continues.......
Alex

#5 ·
I was told that production on the current X5 ends this month (March). I would think that that would indicate that the new one is arriving pretty shortly after that. The original post is correct though at this point you would think that we would have seen many more photos, etc. We saw the new 3 series official brochure well before the car was available. Hell we have been waiting two freaking years in the US for the M5 and M6(which still is not here). However there is nothing on the new X5. A few videos of highly camoed ones, and some poorly done photoshop pics. Maybe there simply isn't as much interest? I don't know. I wish I knew because the wife is getting an X5 this fall. I wish I knew if we should wait for the new one, or if she wants the old one. She wants very specific equipment which means I probably need to order. With production ending next month well I am kinda stuck.

#6 ·
Where did you hear that production of the current model ends in March? This doesn't seem very likely since you can't order the newer models yet. If your original statement was true and the current production runs end in March, then you SHOULD be able to walk into your dealer and place an order for the newer model April production NOW...but since this is not the case, I would have to agree with others that the newer X5 is due later on...possibly as an early 2007 or 2008 model.

#8 · (Edited)
dkl said:
Where did you hear that production of the current model ends in March? This doesn't seem very likely since you can't order the newer models yet. If your original statement was true and the current production runs end in March, then you SHOULD be able to walk into your dealer and place an order for the newer model April production NOW...but since this is not the case, I would have to agree with others that the newer X5 is due later on...possibly as an early 2007 or 2008 model.
End of production doesn't automatically mean that there will be a replacement of the current model without delay.....

#9 ·
The current E53 will be made till end of 3rd quarter 2006(most probably till mid-september) and teh new 2007 E70 X5 will pick up from there. That is how they had transitoned when they moved to the 2004 facelift X5. See BMW raod map in attachment. But for people outside US it will be only available in 2007 due to logistics.
Check my page for Spy shots of new E70 X5

Attachments

#10 ·
The new X5 will be out in the US in the 4th quarter... this is definate and BMW wouldn't mess with the launch of one of their top volume models. BMWNA has already made this fact well known to dealers.

#11 ·
LeMansX5 said:
The current E53 will be made till end of 3rd quarter 2006(most probably till mid-september) and teh new 2007 E70 X5 will pick up from there. That is how they had transitoned when they moved to the 2004 facelift X5. See BMW raod map in attachment. But for people outside US it will be only available in 2007 due to logistics.
Hey LeMans, long time no talk! :thumbup:

#13 ·
LeMansX5 said:
I must say your X looks sooo great!
In your spy page the old X look for sure better than the E70 (look a bit like my old XC90 at front)

I think it strange if the new E70 will be at the dealers in september-october.
No one have seen it and you cant place an order.
Think thats a very short time for a new model.

#15 ·
I think BMW has learned a few things in recent months about keeping secrets. Especially after the leaked E90 brochure and the M Coupe/M Roadster leak...

E70 spy shots have been few and far between...but it really is almost here.

#16 ·
Just ordered my X-5 yesterday...

Just ordered my X-5 yesterday (Jet Black/ w/Aero Pkg) and they are estimating it to be built the 2nd week of April. So, the current production will not be ending in March. 18 inches of snow here in Northern Wisconsin in the last 5 days so I wish I had it right now!

#19 ·
We were advised this past week that international unveiling/launch of the vehicle will be at the LA (!) car show on Nov 24th. Retailers in Canada are not allowed to hold their local launch events until after this date.

We will still be getting a trickle of production past May, but the supply in this last year will be significantly less.......

#20 ·
Daniel B said:
WHO told you that it will arrive in september!?
From what i heard it will maybe maybe arrive late 2007 early 2008!

I mean BMW will for sure have some order secure before they release the car and that is way to late if it would arrive in september.
I was chatting with 3 different CAs at my local BMW dealer and they all said Sept. release for the new X5 :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.