BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 2007: Looking for a Good Cover and Storage Tips

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CalRick 
#1 ·
I picked up a 2007 Z4 3.0SI this summer. Winter is on it's way and with three cars and a two car garage, I need to store my Z4 for a few months.

I've rented a Climate Controlled storage unit for the next few months and would like to get a good cover for the car. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the BMW genuine car cover or any other brands before I make my purchase.

Also, any lessons learned from past winter storage would be appreciated. Thanks!

#4 ·
Send me a message, I may be interested. I've been looking at the OEMs on e-Bay. My local dealer said that he can't get me one for a few weeks.... something about there only being one left in Germany.

#5 ·
If you are storing the car indoors, you don't need any of the covers made from "miracle" fabrics that are designed to offer greater weather protection. A fitted cover would be essential for outdoor use in order to keep it from blowing away but, again, not as necessary for indoor use.

You would want something that is gentle on the paint and for that, nothing beats a cotton flannel cover. A poly-cotton would be an economical alternative. There are several companies that make custom-fitted covers from a variety of fabrics. Try www.covercraft.com to see what they offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.