BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New X5 (E70) spy pics - only light camo!

17K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  Tine 
#1 ·
#3 ·
i t does have many ideas from the X3. In all honesty, its not a big departure from the current X5 :dunno:

In any case, when should we be sellign the current ones before they take a depreciation dive?

#4 ·
I agree, looks so much like the X3 and changes are very moderate compared to the current model.

#5 ·
BTW, thanks for the post of the spy pics, been dying to see how the new model would look. I'm tempted to buy a 06 X5 seeing how moderate the changes are.

:thumbup:

#8 ·
xdrive said:
It doesn't look much different from the current X5. By the way, do you know if they will offer the ride height control on this model?
Yes, the car is coming with air suspension. But I do not know if it will be standard on all models, or just on the top end ones.

Also expect: "revolution under the evolutionary skin".

Much better xDrive, and more other goodies.

The new E70 X5 will change the rules in the SUV / SAV segment again. Just like the E53 did in 1999.

#9 ·
Forgot to say - those pics are great, thanks for posting them. If I remember correctly, there will be a 3.0i I6, 4.8i v8 and a M5.0i(?) v10, right? I don't understand why not the 3.0i bi-turbo? That engine would do well with the new X5. I also wonder whether there will be a sport package for the 3.0i and 4.8i. I really can't wait to see more info on the new X5.

#10 ·
E70 X5 will come with various I6 & V8 petrol & diesel engines. N54 3.0L I6 bi-turbo among them. But I'm not sure it will be offered in US market or not.

There will be a "Si" variant. With turbo charged V8 engine (around 400hp). But not available at launch.

More info to come soon ...

#13 ·
Note the tires and rims. It is not the "big" one, more in line with the 4.4. Assume this will be a "full size" SAV.
Thanks for the pics.
vz

#18 · (Edited)
xdrive said:
Tine, you certainly have great info. Hopefully the FlexRay you referred to does not mean brake by wire.
No, no, no. No brake-by-wire in BMW cars. Certainly no after MB's debacle with SBC.

FlexRay will be used e.g. to control new active drive control functions. Imagine: even quicker reacting xDrive - now with power distribution not only front-to-rear, but also left-to-right. Not to mention new DCS++ functions. And all the other ConnectedDrive functons.

But mind: in E70 X5 FlexRay will be used for operating / controlling air suspension only. Fully operating FR will be used in BMW vehicles coming in year 2008 (e.g. new 7 - serries).

#19 ·
Tine said:
E70 X5 will come with various I6 & V8 petrol & diesel engines. N54 3.0L I6 bi-turbo among them. But I'm not sure it will be offered in US market or not.

There will be a "Si" variant. With turbo charged V8 engine (around 400hp). But not available at launch.

More info to come soon ...
You mean "is". Current rumors are that it will have V10 5.0 engine and wear an ///M badge.

#20 ·
LeMansX5 said:
You mean "is". Current rumors are that it will have V10 5.0 engine and wear an ///M badge.
I guess this baby will come close to the $100K-line...:D

#22 ·
Thanks for the pics Tine, you're awesome dude :D

If this is really how the new model will look like, IMHO, it's not drastically different than the current X5.

#23 ·
400 hp is not much more than my X5 4.8. Wonder how much better the performance will be. Humm, maybe I'll hold off on getting the M5 until I see this machine. One thing for sure (I guess), at least it will have a gas tank that holds enough gas to get you down the road and back. :)
vz

#25 ·
I think just like any BMW, eventually the looks will wear on you..wasn't too thrilled when they made the new 5 series..but since owning one (well, I'm paying for one as the Ex owns it) the car is very good looking.
I guess I'll have to stick with my antique e53 for awhile.

#26 ·
von_zoom said:
400 hp is not much more than my X5 4.8. Wonder how much better the performance will be. Humm, maybe I'll hold off on getting the M5 until I see this machine. One thing for sure (I guess), at least it will have a gas tank that holds enough gas to get you down the road and back. :)
vz
What are you complaining about?:dunno:
A small gas tank has its advantages: Filling up is almost a bargain...:D :D :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.