BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Window problems

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  FredoinSF 
#1 ·
I have problems with my 645Ci 2 dr couple. The windows will go down on their own after I have engaged the up button. I will push the up button and the window will start up and then will immediately go down. Is this a fuse or electric issue. Anyone else with this issue.

Please advise

Thanks

Bilal

#2 ·
Hopefully you just have a switch issue.

It is more likely a problem with the window regulator which is not an ovverly expensive part (about $250) but the labor to install a new one will not be cheap. I would take the car into a good indie BMW mechanic to get it checked out.

#3 ·
Try pushing the up button with the door open and see if it still go down. My driver side window sometimes go down if I close the window with the door closed. This problem is not present with the door opened.

If you window go up with the door open maybe the anti trap sensor is dealing with the pressure of your 9 years old door seals.

I would lubricate all the seals and try again. Hope some of this helps.

#4 ·
Yep, I think the window is jamming & the anti-trap mechanism is kicking in. As the previous poster suggested lubricate the seals with Gummi Pflege. If that doesn't work there may be a problem with your window regulator, it may be cracked causing the window to jam at certain points.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.