BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Mini Shoot: MORE LOW

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  LordDRIFT 
#1 ·
I tried to keep it civilized but my curiosity got the better of me. Re-adjusted the perches to get me closer to the ground.

See less See more
#9 ·
How's the ride with the car dropped that much? Do you have to slow down significantly for dips in the road? Definitely looks great!!

#10 ·
The set-up has pre-load independent of ride height, so the ride quality does not not change with ride height adjustments. So far I haven't found the need to drive the car any differently from stock (except for speed bumps).

BC recommends 5mm of pre-load but I found it sacrificed small bump compliance. I initially ran the dampers biased hard, but while the setup brought the handling alive the ride itself was way too unforgiving and not worth it for a gt type cruiser as this. I ended up with 0 pre-load on the springs and full soft on the dampers all around and raised my front pressures from 33 to 38 psi. This got me a set-up that imo is still sportier than stock but only loses about 5-10% in ride compliance. In a nutshell it still feels very much like like the luxury car it is. I imagine on 19 inch wheels the ride quality would be even closer to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.