BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

328ix, 4 door sedan, 2011 with 50,000miles

778 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ahsansharri 
#1 ·
My wife has problems with her knee and we think that switching to a SUV with a higher ground clearance would help with the problem? any suggestions? My wife is focus on Lexus RX???, I think we can get the same effect with X3 (which includes 4 year warranty)

#2 ·
RX is reliable, but it's the worst ride compared to a BMW. The steering is 80-year old person soft with zero feel, the brakes are soft, it handles like a wet sponge and visibility isn't all that great unless you get all the gizmos and cameras. X3 is the way to go.

#3 ·
Going taller is the wrong thing to do IMO. It's way harder to climb UP to a seat farther above ground than to sit sideways. When I bought my mother a car, I got her a Camry rather than RAV4 for that very reason.

You might consider an X1 (which isn't very high), but IMO an X3 will be harder. I spent the morning climbing into and out of my pickup, and I guarantee it's easier to get into my 335d than it. I have condromalacia and believe me I know what a pain it can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.