BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3yrs and still discovering

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kzang 
#1 ·
I've had my current X5 for ~3years and recently discovered, kind of oddly, two features. Thought I'd share...

The first
I do a lot of long distance trips, 1000 miles. During those times, the car's orientation is perpendicular to a low sun which is quite annoying. So a quick fix is to pivot the visor but for years I would complain to my wife how the visor does not slide out to make adjustments if the sun is slightly past perpendicular - a feature my previous 4Runner had. I would always think to myself how could this be the engineers surely could not have missed that. And every so often I would pull, each time a little harder, to see if would extend - nothing. Well, lo and behold, on a recent trip my doubt refused to be put down and I did something different. I pushed the visor at the pivoting edge and hallelujah the visor extended.

The second
The setup: waiting for my wife, sitting in the drivers seat. I look over at the passenger head rest (I just have the std seats) having nothing better to do. I see this big plastic button on the side and wonder what the heck is that. I push it and the button moves. Hmmm. Must be for something. I notice how the headrest is two pieces like they would slide together or apart. So I push the button and pull the headrest. Hallelujah number 2 the depth of the headrest is adjustable.

Well, it's alway enjoyable to find something new about your car. Sometime it's good to not RTFM.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.