BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Aieeeeeee!!! OMG!! Car falling apart! Car falling apart!

4K views 59 replies 37 participants last post by  pointandgo 
#1 · (Edited)

There there she was, baskin' in the sun.....someone pointed out that a reflector seemed loose.....I touched it.

REFLECTOR CRASHED TO THE VERY EARTH BENEATH IT!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire
Orange Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Auto part

This post stands before you as one who has joined the legion of malfunctioning E9x. I never thought it would happen to me....click pics for larger misfortune.

What can happen? Am I doomed?

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
OMG Cal, I feel your pain! Whatever you do, don't have a bodyshop do the repair. Imagine the 'diminished value' protests when you try to sell that scrap heap and it shows up with a tainted CarFax.
:rofl:You actually took a pic of the lens lying on the ground. How sad in a hilarious sort of way.

PS Your wheels are filthy. Not trying to rub salt in the wound. Just sayin'.

#10 ·
A seasonal time of reflectivity....

Cal.W.B.:

I see that your amber lens has died. Sorry for your loss. :cry:I own an '08 E93 and one of my amber lens partially dislodged itself from from the fender. I was intimidated by many E90+ owners who told me it was an embarrassment to have amber reflectors and I should replace them with white reflectors. Well, i relented and got the white reflectors on Ebay. Once I lined them up on my Atlantic Blue fender, I decided (heavens to Murgatroid) that I actually preferred the amber reflectors.

Now you have to make a decision as to which color you will buy. I have the new white reflectors, not in the original package, but, in the spirit of Christmas i will gift them to you. :angel: I could give you my address and you could send me a SASE envelope with$1.65 postage paid and the reflectors are yours. Advise if you are interested.

Mike Sevel
New Braunfels, TX

#12 ·
Trade it in.......first the reflector.......what could be next????

How will you sleep knowing that has happened??

#13 ·
Cal, you live in the Bay Area. The San Francisco Zen Center may be the answer. Acceptance is the key to all our problems.

#14 ·
I think you should contact the best local therapist money can buy. You might be suffering some very deep emotional trauma from this event, we are here for you friend. Don't do anything rash like converting to another brand of auto.

#15 ·
Yes the dirty wheels are an embarrassment to the brand .....

Also tread on the outer edge looks to be nearing minimal depth .... possible suspension / alignment issues ...... maybe time to duck tape the iphone to the 2 x 4 for that in home camber adjustment!

#17 ·
Thank God no one was hurt, Cal! Those exposed edges could have caused a nasty laceration. Worse, your car is now much less visible to cross traffic approaching from the left. When you speak to BMW about this be sure to mention that you do not feel safe in the vehicle. That may goad them into action. I think it would be reasonable to seek a free replacement reflector (installed, of course) and a complimentary bottle of BMW Wheel Cleaner Gel as compensation for this design failure.

As one of the "old guard" here, you know the nuclear option; but unless they leave you no choice, resist the urge to sew!

#23 ·
Clearly an example of why BMW should have left well enough alone and not hacked those unsightly gashes into our fenders, then filled them with garish orange inserts.

Cal, you have my deepest sympathy dealing with this horrible injustice.

#25 ·

There there she was, baskin' in the sun.....someone pointed out that a reflector seemed loose.....I touched it.

View attachment 409178 View attachment 409179

This post stands before you as one who has joined the legion of malfunctioning E9x. I never thought it would happen to me....click pics for larger misfortune.

What can happen? Am I doomed?

Ok. I'm just asking, so don't take offense.

Did you put regular gas in the car?

It's ok, we understand that sometimes people just don't understand BMW requirements, and these kinds of things happen.

We're with you on the Class Action suit thought. I can't imagine the pain you must be going through. :(

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#27 ·
I sense a non-random, drive-by hairdryer.

#28 ·

DO NOT drive the car. Your BMW engineered aerodynamics are compromised, and the vehicle is not balanced properly. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but if you drive the car, you will explode and die!

Call AAA, and have the car hauled on a flatbed to the nearest BMW dealership. They will need to download error codes to determine the extent of the damage. And then a new reflector must be installed and registered by a certified BMW Shiny Thing Technician, using proprietary software and procedures.

I think you should sue.

Frederic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.