BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2012 BMW 750li bottoming out

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  SoCal Pete 
#1 ·
Okay, So...

Today i traded in my beautiful Toyota Prius :cry: at the BMW dealership today and brought home my new 750li in which I waited a month for. As i pull into my driveway I hear this loud sound. So I get out of the car, parked halfway up my ramp and see the car had just hit the ramp :banghead:. There was literally a pinky thickness between the bottom of the car and the pavement.

I managed to bring the car up safely into my garage not even 10 minutes ago. It did not scrape the rest of the way. As far as I could see, there was no chipped trim, but now i am worried about taking it to work tomorrow. I know it is a very long car, but has this happened to anyone else and is there anything else to do about it than rip up my driveway?

#5 ·
Ohhhh, you're from Hamilton. :thumbup:
What's that supposed to mean?

Also try setting your suspension to Sport or Sport+, the hardest setting. The car should move a little less.

#6 ·
Go slower.

#11 ·
As a matter of fact I recently put about $60 000 of landscaping into the front of my house, which included a brand new paving stone driveway and I had the city install a new ramp:thumbup: Problem solved.
Sounds great. You know what they say, Pic's or it didn't happen.

Plus I am getting ready to redo my drive and might pick up some ideas on how you did yours.

#10 ·
Drive a Prius, if you don't want to bottom out. Just kidding. Go slow and take it right or front left wheel first, whichever is the best angle based on how you need to pull in. When I leave work, I go left wheel out first then straighten out and go right wheel.

#16 ·
How to work the i Phone in your 750 LI

Hey I was having trouble with my I Phone playing audio in my 750 LI. so I went to the dealer.........***** the dealer didn't know how to work the I phone connection in the car. Well after going back a few times and trying to figure it out we inserted the white phone cable in the bottom of phone and it shows (Not Supported), so while I was walking out I was checking out a used 2012 750LI and I happen to see a cable in the console, so I said to the salesman "Hey what is this for"? and he said to operate the I Phone audio. "what the ----" Holly cow........... after all this time the service writer didn't even know. BMW owners There is a special cable called "Music Adapter" the dealer sells the part is for $80.00 and the part number is #61 12 2 338 491 however online it's only $16.00 enjoy your I phone clean audio :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.