BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

15K views 135 replies 21 participants last post by  Jimsan 
#1 ·
BMW assist is not working for me yet...anyone with a 2014 have assist working? specifically the ability to send map address from google?

#3 ·
the google feature is great. dissppointed it's not working but it's a trade off.i can wait a bit

#4 ·
Works for us, just hit the SOS button and the lady came on and went over everything with us. Sorry to hear this.

Does the google feature and the internet only work when you subscribe to the concierge service ??

#7 ·
Works fine for me. Used the SOS button to complete the process today.

#8 ·
BMW USA is telling me technically Assist works for emergency and the such BUT sending google map address to my 2014 is NOT working until after July (they hope). Does anyone with a 2014 know for a fact that they have successfully used google maps to send data to car?
thanks
scott

#10 ·
No, the only thing that does not work until july is in-car internet browsing. All other functions like traffic, weather, seach, etc work fine. Outside the car, the google send to car function works (and I have used it several times). In google maps, you select the send to car, set it to bmw, then use the email address that you registered bmw assist with.

#9 ·
I will have to check tonight, now u have me wondering

#16 ·
I used the google maps address send in the BMW app and it worked fine.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#18 ·
Yes, it is working for me. 183 channels.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

#20 · (Edited)
yes, I'm sorry, I meant premium package.

My CA has not been much help with the issue. I dont believe it is because he doesn't care, but rather he is inexperienced. He used to work for the Mini branch of the dealership and just got moved up to the BMW side. Unfortunately I do not think they trained him very well.

#26 ·
What is the ESN #? Did you just call the general Sirius number?

Thank you in advance for the help.

ESN # is the radios serial #. Found using idrive in radio settings
Yes call Sirius listener care general #

#27 ·
For everyone having trouble with your BMW Assist on your '14 and/or missing services: go into your connected drive menu, toward the bottom is a "services" item, then in there is a "update" selection. Do that and the vehicle will talk to BMW. After I did that, 100% of all of my services work, including my web browser! Neato! I dont know if it will correct everyone's troubles, but it cant hurt!

#28 ·
BMW Assist is a joke as far as I am concerned. I picked up my X3 on April 10th and still my "data has not been loaded." Seriously who is responsible for this fiasco? I think they must subcontract this out to some company? I have called them at least 4-5 times. Why aren't they loading the information for cars delivered earlier?

I assume if I really had a problem I could call them and get the service I need.

#29 ·
agree with Jimsan 100% total BS

Drew:
was very excited to try this. it did connect and show "update successful"
but still google maps are not sending to car
same error:
Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page.

For everyone having trouble with your BMW Assist on your '14 and/or missing services: go into your connected drive menu, toward the bottom is a "services" item, then in there is a "update" selection. Do that and the vehicle will talk to BMW. After I did that, 100% of all of my services work, including my web browser! Neato! I dont know if it will correct everyone's troubles, but it cant hurt!

#30 ·
@scottjays, I am able to send the google map destination to my X3's navigation. The email address I entered in google maps (BMW Assist account name:) is the same as the one in BMWAssist which was setup by my CA 24 hrs prior to taking delivery.

#33 ·
Just a thought, are you performing this update from a place where there is open sky?

The reason I am asking this is when I activated my Subscription on Satellite radio, the XM Sirius rep asked to be in a place where there is Open Sky.

#35 · (Edited)
Picked up my car on 25 Apr, CA sent in my BMW Assist registration that day. We tested it together in the parking lot of the dealer. The BMW Assist person recognized the car and VIN, but did not have the registration on file. Web browsing, weather, news, etc. were not available. They said that all the voice activated services were available - they would read me directions, they would find a location, they could call for service, they would respond in the event of a collision. The essential emergency stuff was in place. The new data services were pending computer upload.

On 29 Apr, I spoke with customer servcice. They said they had a computer problem and a backlog of registrations. They still did not see my registration complete. Said it could take as long as 1 May 2013 to get the backlog cleared.

On 30 Apr, I tested it again and all the data services were there - web browsing,etc. I connected via the SOS button to the BMW Assist center and while they recognized my car and position, they still did not see my name and registration complete. I tried sending a map from Google and that still did not work. And it does not work today.

Conclusion: BMW Assist is half working :) If I need service or emergency directions or whatever, they will talk to me and are very nice people. However, all the data services are still not working 100%. When everything is finally working correctly, I will be sure they have the correct end date for the free service ;)

#37 ·
Picked up my car on 25 Apr, CA sent in my BMW Assist registration that day. We tested it together in the parking lot of the dealer. The BMW Assist person recognized the car and VIN, but did not have the registration on file. Web browsing, weather, news, etc. were not available. They said that all the voice activated services were available - they would read me directions, they would find a location, they could call for service, they would respond in the event of a collision. The essential emergency stuff was in place. The new data services were pending computer upload.

On 29 Apr, I spoke with customer servcice. They said they had a computer problem and a backlog of registrations. They still did not see my registration complete. Said it could take as long as 1 May 2013 to get the backlog cleared.

On 30 Apr, I tested it again and all the data services were there - web browsing,etc. I connected via the SOS button to the BMW Assist center and while they recognized my car and position, they still did not see my name and registration complete. I tried sending a map from Google and that still did not work. And it does not work today.

Conclusion: BMW Assist is half working :) If I need service or emergency directions or whatever, they will talk to me and are very nice people. However, all the data services are still not working 100%. When everything is finally working correctly, I will be sure they have the correct end date for the free service ;)
I am at the same place, half working and getting kind of tired of it. It's been three weeks!!!

#40 ·
For those that BMW Online is working, are you using an iPhone? My CA believes it would work with BMW Apps on an iPhone. I have an Android device and BMW Apps is not available.

#41 ·
It depends on what you are trying to do? The bmw apps in connected drive (such as facebook, twitter, etc) is the only thing you don't get on android, and is also the ONLY thing that it talks to an iphone for (so far as connected drive is concerned). The BMW remote app is not "technically" available in the US, however a few strategic google searches will get you the apk to side load onto your android and it works just fine. If your troubles are around anything else such as data, google maps send to car, etc, your phone has nothing to do with that-android or iphone. Hope that makes sense.

#43 ·
Do you need to be subscribed to the BMW convenience plan or Concierge service to get BMW online to work?
For me the BMW assist is working after the update. I can send google addresses from remote App and computer. But can't go online from idrive?

#44 ·
Do you need to be subscribed to the BMW convenience plan or Concierge service to get BMW online to work?
For me the BMW assist is working after the update. I can send google addresses from remote App and computer. But can't go online from idrive?

I am the opposite - I can go online from the car, but I cannot send an address from Google to the car. I did not subscribe tot he Concierge service - no added cost items at all.

#45 ·
I can not send addresses or get to the internet. My BMW online is working. Whenever I call I still can not sign up for BMW Assist because my car is not in the system. My CA has been no help.

I love this car, but it has been a very frustrating experience. Not knowing what was coming on it (the whole what is going to be on the MY 2014), being told I qualified for turn key incentive and then not when I was signing the paperwork, BMW assist not working.

How long is it until you get the survey from BMW after buying the car?

#47 ·
I have BMW Apps on an iphone 4S working to send addresses to the car as well as sending from googlemaps.com. BMW Online works to see the weather etc. but the Internet option is a paid service, presumably part of Concierge.

I wish I could offer assistance on how to get it to work but my CA set it up before I arrived at the dealer for pickup and its worked fine ever since. I did hit the SOS button afer getting it home to complete the regiostration and add my emergency contacts etc.

I can certainly understand the frustration you guys and gals have. I have the same frustration with trying to play videos from my phone, not as crucial as having Assist but still one of the features I would use.

#48 ·
Hi All, MyInfo and BWM On-line is still not working for me. Has anyone else been able to get it to work, if it wasn't before? Any updates from BMW Assist. They opened a trouble ticket for me today and said they would give me an update within a week.

#49 · (Edited)
They are full of BS over at BMW Assist. I still don't have myinfo feature working to send google maps to vehicle. It's really the only part of the "online" conncected drive that I really was looking forward to. there have been zero updates provided to me. I have complained several times. they claim there is a "database" that neeeds "updating" and it can only come from "Germany" blah blah blah. all excuses imo. who knows how long til this is fixed but if it's not fixed by end of Summer I am def contacting legal for class action...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.