BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Why oh why... my poor baby was hit

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Gryphon 
#1 ·
I am sad to say my beloved car was hit yesterday. I know, it can be fixed, and the other car (a Malibu) was way worse off, but it hurts non the less. I have had this car for over 8 years, and never even had a door ding. It breaks my heart that this happened to it. I am just starting the process to see about the insurance and all. I am worried it may be written off, it is after all an 11 year old car with 162,000 miles, but I love it and don't want to lose it. Hard to tell from the photos, but the quarter panel is buckled. Anyway, I don't post here often, but have been a member and reader for many years, and I thought you would understand the sadness I feel for this happening to my wonderful car.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
sorry about that :(
given the differences in countries, u'r accident is barely considered as a "ding" where i am, dealers in my country get total loss vehicles, fix them and sell them as "like new" vehicles :rofl:

#6 ·
Ouch! I definately feel your pain. Still have my 1st Bimmer, '92 318ic (now for 16 yrs.) & my 2nd Bimmer, '88 325 (now for 15 yrs. but UP FOR SALE) & our new-to-us '01 325xi that we've had for a grand total of 4 weeks now. I still am very careful where I park even the '88 & '92 so I completely understand.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone, I knew you would understand. I am happy to hear most of you think it will be repairable. This car is very well cared for, mechanically sound, and I just plain love the car, so I want to keep it. The other guys insurance has called me, but we are playing phone tag. I'll keep you posted on how that plays out.

#16 ·
It's home!

I am happy to report that I got my car back yesterday - it turned out to be $4200 in damage, but they did a FANTASTIC job fixing it and honestly, you can not tell anything was done. I am so happy to have my car back. Not a squeak or rattle (so far) and it drives just like normal. I found a shop that specialized in doing higher end cars, and came recommended by my indy mechanic. It's good to have it home, and I look forward to many more years and miles of enjoyment. :thumbup:

Being without it for a month while it was repaired just reminded me how wonderful a car this is, and how much I love it.

#19 ·
I am happy to report that I got my car back yesterday - it turned out to be $4200 in damage, but they did a FANTASTIC job fixing it and honestly, you can not tell anything was done. I am so happy to have my car back. Not a squeak or rattle (so far) and it drives just like normal. I found a shop that specialized in doing higher end cars, and came recommended by my indy mechanic. It's good to have it home, and I look forward to many more years and miles of enjoyment. :thumbup:

Being without it for a month while it was repaired just reminded me how wonderful a car this is, and how much I love it.
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.