BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MY14 X3, Production starts April 2013

78K views 546 replies 74 participants last post by  CKelley3 
#1 ·
Just read the posting from "Ask a Dealer", production for the MY14 X3 will begin April 13th and run through March 2014. Timing is perfect for my timeline as we were planning delivery early to mid June for my wife's order. I will be curious to see what changes are going to be rolled into the start of production.

#519 ·
I just checked in the phone system and was told that my vehicle is "being transported to the port of exit". Does anybody know what the port of exit refer to? What should I expect to follow? I found my status did not go as what I saw here in this thread.

My status changes were:
in production -> body shop -> waiting to be released to the carrier -> was released to the carrier and waiting to be transported to the port of exit -> being transported to the port of exit.

Thanks a lot!

#521 ·
It means it is on the truck or train to get it to the port of exit if it is going on a boat, when you are on the east coast it just means it is on the truck to the dealer and should be 3-5 days to get there, mine still had that status when it was at the dealer.

#528 ·
I don't hear any wind or road noise. I play radio at medium to med high vol. even when its really low i don't hear much wind noise. if i do it's very minimal.

#531 ·
Got delivery of my x3 yesterday. Looks amazing. Will post driving impressions soon. Opted for 3M protection by the dealership. Looked around the forum and noted a few folks who also had opti-guard/opti-coat application. Was wondering if I should go for these options on top of the 3M protection. Does anyone have recommendations for good detailer in indianapolis area?

#532 ·
Yopu should check if opticoat can be applied over the 3M stuff. I thought it had to go straight on top of the clear coat. Maybe ask in the detailers sub forum.

#534 ·
Mine took just under 3 weeks from finish of production to pickup at the dealer in SoCal.

#535 ·
Was lazy enough to take pics because I was driving around going crazy in my new car :D

Anyway, here are some pics. Alpine white with Oyster. M-sport, DHP, Tech, cold weather, premium and drivers assistance.

I'm getting around 23-26 in the city in eco-pro/comfort mode. Am sure highway would be approx 28.

Now I have to figure out how to add my home address in the NAV. Back to the mannual :confused:

Attachments

#539 ·
Was lazy enough to take pics because I was driving around going crazy in my new car :D

Anyway, here are some pics. Alpine white with Oyster. M-sport, DHP, Tech, cold weather, premium and drivers assistance.

I'm getting around 23-26 in the city in eco-pro/comfort mode. Am sure highway would be approx 28.

Now I have to figure out how to add my home address in the NAV. Back to the mannual :confused:
It looks beautiful. Great choices in the opinion of this architect.

#537 ·
I have had the vehicle for almost two weeks now and I would say that overall the vehicle is not that well insulated. I do not have specific pockets where the wind noise is bad, but I do feel the wind noise all over the front windshield when it is windy( it is windy in Boston always).

#546 ·
I took the plunge on DHP. Our dealer did not have any DHP models. I test drove an M3 and Z4 with DHP to get a feel of the steering and handling (of course I'm talking apples and oranges) but I really liked it.

Upon delivery, one thing that I noticed right away is that with DHP your suspension is really really soft (compared to non DHP). Eco pro mode is a joke. I drive mostly on comfort with sport throttle and soft chasis for inner city driving. DHP really shines in sport and sport+ mode. When I want to have the road rash, I flick the rocker to sport/sport + mode and see everyone with a :yikes: look in my rear view mirror.

IMHO the option is definitely worth it. Whether it will stay reliable after 6-8 years is debatable since it relies on electronic damper sensors.

#541 ·
Mine is about 1.5 weeks old now, got some decent pics of it.

Most options except DHP and DA II. Space Gray/Chestnut/Wave.

Coded as much stuff as I could onto it, now works right also - is a step up actually from my 2011 X5 in pretty much every way - only miss the power tilt teliscope, the rear CA handles and the cooled seats, otherwise everything on the X3 is a step up and it drives better and has more power.

Rob

Attachments

#544 ·
I don't have a production week assigned. I called BMW NA and they said no production week/date has been assigned yet. I did not get a vehicle information report I don't believe; what is this and what does it contain?

I did, however, call back my sales rep and ask him for a timeline. He stated since no production week has been assigned yet it could be 6 weeks maximum; is this accurate?

Also, what does CA mean? I'm new here, and I'm trying to learn the lingo :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.