BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Oil dipstick???

12K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mlad1101 
#1 ·
Does the F01 740 engine have an oil dipstick? My '06 E66 750 had one in the rear of the engine.

#3 ·
It's one of the reasons why my next ride won't be a BMW. The others are:

- Forced Stop/Start on all cars.
- Run flat tires on all cars.

My electronic oil level gauge has been less than reliable.

#5 ·
So what?
I haven't had a dipstick in a Mercedes for 8 years and I never missed it.
If that is your decision making process for a new cars, you'll be running out of choices soon.

Sensors-based systems are more or less the standard on any make/model and will be more so in the future...

As for Start/Stop, you can already override that.

#4 ·
My electronic oil gauge isn't so accurate either. It's gone from showing a full reserve to suddenly telling me I need to add a quart immediately.

I can put up with things like that, but I can't put up with Auto Start/Stop! Had that feature on a loaner car and I would just think of Obama every time I got into the car and had to disable it.

#6 ·
My electronic oil gauge isn't so accurate either. It's gone from showing a full reserve to suddenly telling me I need to add a quart immediately.

I can put up with things like that, but I can't put up with Auto Start/Stop! Had that feature on a loaner car and I would just think of Obama every time I got into the car and had to disable it.
You seriously cannot blame Obama on a German made Auto Start/Stop feature in a BMW. That's just insane!!!!! :dunno:

#10 · (Edited)
To chime in on this, I dislike start/stop as well, only thing that really annoys me about this it though is that it's automatically set to on. So every time you start the car you have to hit the button, I find myself forgetting and it becomes annoying, wish there was an option to automatically turn it off for good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.