BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New to the forum! Have a quick question!

966 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SNORTH_335 
#1 ·
Wattup guys, my name is Steven, I just bought a CPO 2011 335i M Sport. The car is loaded, Nav, Heated Seats, Etc. My girlfriend has a 2011 328i, her car will allow her to stream Audio via bluetooth, I can not seem to find this option on my car...? I think I have the same packages as she has and then some. Do all Nav cars have the ability to do this? Thanks ahead of time!!

#5 · (Edited)
I believe you need the COMBOX option to stream via bluetooth but I maybe wrong. If the option is not in your car, you need a new module, then programming. This isn't a simple software upgrade. Your car's bluetooth module needs to have the AD2P bluetooth profile which is different from the hands free profile.

However, to my knowledge, COMBOX retrofits are not officially supported by BMW, so your local dealer will not code the COMBOX unit into your car. You will need to find someone who codes, such as myself, to retrofit the module.

A much easier option is to use an adapter like the one below. I use this in my car and it works with the car's bluetooth for handsfree. My iPhone handles calls and pauses music automatically. The unit also connects when you turn on the ignition (if you're using a switched power source, which you should). The only downside is that you cannot control your iPhone through the car. I find controlling the music via my phone is much easier anyway. Especially since my iPhone is jailbroken and I use the app "music controls" to control my music apps. It allows me to control volume, skip, go back, pause, play etc with touch gestures, even with the phone in "sleep" mode, screen off.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Re...378&sr=8-1&keywords=blackberry+stereo+gateway

#7 ·
Yes it works with any bluetooth phone with AD2P, which is pretty much any phone with bluetooth made within the past few years.

No problem.

You do need to get a cigg lighter adapter for power. Those cheap iphone chargers work fine. I use the belkin one because it's low profile. I've gotten them for 1 cent on amazon. Seriously, 1 cent. Those deals may not be around anymore but look around. You'll also need the usb (for power) and aux cable (for sound). I got short 3" ones so it's all tidy in my armrest and then double sided tapped the adapter to the back of the armrest compartment.

#8 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.