BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Drove my friends M550d and now I'm hooked

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Snipe656 
#1 ·
A good friend of mine got a touring M550d Xdrive this summer. Yesterday we want out to hunt some elk and took his car. I had the opportunity to drive, and wow, It's like no other diesel car I have ever driven. It takes highway cruising to a completely new level. I'm doing 130 KM/H and hits an airstrait (the Swedish motorway widens and becomes 5-6 km straight so fighter jets can land and refuel there incase of war), I just squeeze the accelerator gently and bam, I'm doing 200 KM/H and It doesn't even feel like I'm going any faster then before. The engine is so smooth and the car handles like if it's attached to the road.

And the torque.... it's just indescribable. What a great engine and a really nice drive train with the excellent AWD-system and the 8 speed AT.

And still, this large car consumes the same amount of fuel as a standard BMW F30 328i. SICK! :D

I'm seriously considering buying myself one. I'm totally hooked. :bigpimp:

#9 ·
the history of vehicles offered with performance diesels or atleast potent ones suggest poor sales... I think we are unlikely to see this in the usa unless porsche diesels have great sales.