HELP PLEASE Reset Z3 oil service light

54K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Haschish 
#1 ·
Just done a oil change

so need some advice on how to reset oil light inspection on dash

thanks all

#4 · (Edited)
Simple

Turn the ignition switch to position two (2). Connect the clip end of the jumper tool to a good ground in the area of the data link connector. Connect the pin end of the jumper tool to pin seven (7) of the data link connector and remove it after the appropriate time, depending on which reset you are doing. Replace the data link connector cap and turn off the ignition switch. Check to see if the reset worked by starting the car and seeing if the lights go out. If they do, good job!"

10 secs should do it :thumbup: let me know how you get on

Attachments

#17 ·
#19 ·
The green blocks represent usage, not miles. If you just drove back and forth across the country, a block might go out every week or 5,000 miles. If you drove around town all day doing errands, a mile between each store and an hour in each one, especially in cold weather, a block might go out every 3 months or 1,000 miles.

#21 ·
Me, too. I had the dealer change the oil when I bought the car last October, and they put in BMW 15W-40. After about 2,000 miles one green bar went out, but I don't want to wait until the last green bar goes out at 8,000 miles. I bought Mobil 1 0W-40 on sale at Walmart and will change at 2,500 miles, then maybe go 5,000 miles on the synthetic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.