BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 X5-D deals

26K views 151 replies 43 participants last post by  fynride1 
#1 ·
What kind of deals (how much over invoice) are folks getting on 2011 x5 D. I want to use this as a starting point before the holiday and loyalty credit.

#2 ·
I'm looking at the same thing and best I have been able to get is $63525 on a MRSP of $70025 and that includes the $3500 eco credit. This is about $4k over invoice. I'm sure the dealer can go lower though. Plus they marked up the MF on the lease offer which annoys me even more...

#4 ·
500 over "dealer cost" is a great deal....up to 1500 over on the upper end.

patrikr- $4000 over invoice I think means they are making MORE than the standard profit BMW builds into MSRP. That is an amazingly bad deal.

And so we all know what 'dealer cost' is: Inovice plus delivery plus MACO plus training minus ECO credit minus holiday cash.

Sales tax and tax credits are not part of the equation

#5 ·
I ordered on 11/2 (from a dealership an hour away) for $1000 over invoice less holiday cash of $2500 and eco credit $3500. MSRP = $61,425, final sale price $52,125. No markup on MF and no other dealer fees.

The other dealers I spoke with in my area wouldn't come anywhere close.

What is this loyalty credit? Is it real or just a myth?

#6 · (Edited)
An update on my situation. Using the information from this forum + info from a local lease broker I renegotiated the price to invoice + $1000 minus the $3500 eco credit and the $2500 holiday incentive. MSRP $70025, sale price $60870. No markup on MF (which they tried initially). The only unnecessary dealer fee was a $55 documentation fee but I can live with that. All in all I'm happy with my deal. Will post pics tomorrow but so far love the car. Ride is a bit stiff and the engine somewhat noisy but you can't argue with 25 mpg on the drive home :)

#8 ·
Not really no. It doesn't sound as smooth as the gasoline engines but it's not bothersome. The only annoying thing is that when you have the engine running and exit the car it does sound like a truck :)

Not sure if this will get better over time, I only have 100 miles on the car.

#12 ·
looking for dealer

I'm in KC and looking for 35d for approximately invoice + $1000 (minus $3500 & $2500 of course). Dealer here not willing to go that low and not really doing much on my 2006 X5 trade either. Any dealers, and particular salespeople to recommend working with? Possibiliities: Chicago, St. Louis, Denver, are all a days driving distance.

Can't wait for my 35d! Also, what's the best way to actually know invoice price, just have the dealer show you?

#13 ·
I'm in KC and looking for 35d for approximately invoice + $1000 (minus $3500 & $2500 of course). Dealer here not willing to go that low and not really doing much on my 2006 X5 trade either. Any dealers, and particular salespeople to recommend working with? Possibiliities: Chicago, St. Louis, Denver, are all a days driving distance.

Can't wait for my 35d! Also, what's the best way to actually know invoice price, just have the dealer show you?
Try Co's BMW in Loveland, CO. I got exactly the deal you outlined with no dealer fees and am leasing with no markup on the money factor.

You can check edmunds.com for invoice price, though that didn't line up exactly on mine. If you figure invoice is 93% of MSRP that gets you pretty close.

#14 · (Edited)
Quote from NJ dealer

So we have been going back and forth with a few dealers. Some won't even bother to quote until you have physically been to see them. They are off the list.

The best quote so far:

MSRP $65,575.00
Invoice $60,270.00

Purchase Price $ 55,270.00
Tax $ 3,868.90
Registration $ 439.50
Doc $ 239.00
Total $ 59,817.40

So that should break down to 1k over invoice. then the 3500 ECO credit and 2500 holiday financing credit.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

The Doc fee changes depending on the dealership. One was 349.00 and another was 165.20.

I'm also considering the road hazard (tire and wheel) insurance - got a quote of 1900 and maybe the extended warranty. I've been reading up on everyone other posts and am still ambiviant about it.

I forgot to mention that we are trading a car. I'm sure that will be part of the negotiations. Any suggestions on how to handle that? Its a VW R32 2008 with over 60k.

Any help appreciated!

Options on the X5 in case anyone wanted to know\:
Active ventilated seat package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Technology Package
Comfort Access keyless entry
Roof rails$

#39 ·
So we have been going back and forth with a few dealers. Some won't even bother to quote until you have physically been to see them. They are off the list.

The best quote so far:

MSRP $65,575.00
Invoice $60,270.00

Purchase Price $ 55,270.00
Tax $ 3,868.90
Registration $ 439.50
Doc $ 239.00
Total $ 59,817.40

So that should break down to 1k over invoice. then the 3500 ECO credit and 2500 holiday financing credit.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

The Doc fee changes depending on the dealership. One was 349.00 and another was 165.20.

I'm also considering the road hazard (tire and wheel) insurance - got a quote of 1900 and maybe the extended warranty. I've been reading up on everyone other posts and am still ambiviant about it.

I forgot to mention that we are trading a car. I'm sure that will be part of the negotiations. Any suggestions on how to handle that? Its a VW R32 2008 with over 60k.

Any help appreciated!

Options on the X5 in case anyone wanted to know\:
Active ventilated seat package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Technology Package
Comfort Access keyless entry
Roof rails$
ok purchase price $ 55,270.00 is that with or without $1800 tax credit?

#15 ·
I am from the KC area and plan to purchase before the end of the year to take advantage of incentives. You may want to consider BMW of Des Moines. My intent is to contact the internet sale department and make them an offer and then see if Baron will match.

Since I am new to this forum this topic may have been previously discussed, but I am also planning to leverage the American Express Car buying Network Program. If this is not a valid approach I am sure someone will chime in.

Fuelie

#20 ·
Baron = worst car dealership sales wise I have EVER encountered, with BMW of Tulsa a close second. I've bought 2 BMW's, and the first one, they wouldn't even talk to me about anything less than MSRP - the second (X5D) they wanted full markup on MF, etc, and $1000 under MSRP, even after I showed them other deals. BMW of Tulsa claimed flat out that a better deal couldn't be done than what they offered (almost identical to Baron). I politely disagree - look for $1000-$1500 over invoice, minus eco credit, etc.

#22 ·
The wife(forum member also) and I placed an order for a 2011 X5d tonight with Prestige BMW in Ramsey, NJ. I must say, it was one of the easier car purchases I have experienced. There was one easier, but I digress. Anyway, we ordered a Deep Sea Blue with Sand Beige with the following packages:

Vent Seats
Cold Pack
Premium Pack
Premium Sound Pack
Rear Climate Pack
Tech Pack
Comfort Access
Roof Rails

The purchase price was/is $55,270 plus tax, doc($249), and NJ reg($400 something). We got the $2500 Holiday and $3500 ECO credits. Anyway, for a $65k+ MSRP we feel we got a decent deal. They treated us really well and the dealership seems top notch. They also gave us thousands more on the trade car versus another local BMW dealer.

We're looking forward to taking delivery!!

Martin

#23 ·
For those KC folks I did get Baron to do $1000 over invoice on the 35d and they also came up on my trade-in.

I could not get them to waive the $279 administrative/processing fee and invoice includes the $405 MACO and $200 training/service fee. They matched the best trade-in offer from two other BMW dealers. I finally got this deal after telling them a dealership in Texas was willing to do the same. Anyone think I should push for more or is that close enough to as good as it gets? I'd probably go out of state to save another $500+ but think I'm reasonably happy with this deal since it's 4 miles from my house.

As a side note...I spent 3 hours in the KC dealership one day test driving and negotiating. A day later I sent the salesperson an email about the other out of state deal and it suddenly dropped their price $3K.

After this I will never make a car deal at the dealership. Test drive only. My experience tells me car deals are best done over the phone or email and they take a fraction of the time.

#26 ·
So "Published Invoice" minus $3500 eco minus $2500 holiday cash, plus $300?

If a cash price, very good deal.

#37 ·
X5 35D price

Placed order last week for 2011 X5 35D with following options...
Premium Package, Rear Climate, Sport Activity, Tech Package, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Roof Rails

MSRP: $64775
Bought For: $57300
Plus DMV/Doc fees: $720
Plus getting an additional $2500 credit towards financing.
Can't Wait!

#44 ·
We haven't confirmed about the 1800 tax credit yet, but on the website and when we asked our accountant, she confirmed that its on the list. I hope it will be 1800. Its much more than the Toureg, which I think was only 450.

We are waiting to hear word on the date of our delivery! I can't wait!

#47 ·
We haven't confirmed about the 1800 tax credit yet, ....

We are waiting to hear word on the date of our delivery! I can't wait!
You should check, but my read is that the tax credit expires on Dec 31, 2010.... unless you take delivery before then, no credit on 2010 taxes.

#56 ·
Take the uncertainty out of the equation. Write up the order with a guaranteed del date. If it's late- walk away from the deal with your dep. Or, buy a diesel from dealer stock.
Order's already signed. Wish I had thought of that. Still think it's a good deal without the tax credit but just trying to figure out if it's even going to be a possibility to take delivery in December. Thanks for the input.

#57 ·
Order's already signed. Wish I had thought of that. Still think it's a good deal without the tax credit but just trying to figure out if it's even going to be a possibility to take delivery in December. Thanks for the input.
What constitutes a delivery?

If your car is going to be a couple of days into Jan, why not complete the paperwork in Dec?

I hear that the cafeteria food in min security prison is quite tasty.

#59 ·
Any folks in the suburban Philadelphia area been able to get decent deals from our local dealerships?

Best I can find is $1,500 over invoice (less all the various credits). Willing to drive several 100 miles to a PA, NJ, NY, MD dealership for the right price, but am running against the delivery schedule, and need to get something out of inventory before 12/31/10.

I've also tried to get a decent deal through the American Express Auto Purchasing Program, and while they appear to be great deals on paper, cannot get the dealership that's part of that program to respond to the request!

If you've had a great experience, I'd also welcome the name of your Sales Associate.

Thanks.

#74 ·
I had good experience and also very good price (300 over the invoice) for my X5 35D at Open Road BMW in Edison NJ (which is not far from you). The CA was Chad King and his Manager is Stephen (I think). Check them out and see what they offer and then you can ask for a deal close to mine.

All the best.

#61 ·
#62 ·
Here is the deal I just signed today.

MSRP: 63,375
Offer: 59,000 - 730 over invoice
- 3,500 Eco
- 2,500 Holiday

53,000 cap cost

36 Month, 12k/yr

Money Factor 0.00220
Residual 56%

Payment 681.07/mo

Drive Away TTL + 1st month + BMW Finance Fee (725)

No security deposit

I think I got a pretty good deal based on the research I have done.

#66 ·
What is this "Drive Away TTL + 1st month + BMW Finance Fee (725)"

I don't think we have a finance fee. At least when I asked he didn't tell us we had any fees for financing...

Did anyone else pay that?
His is a lease...lease has a financing fee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.