BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 5-Series Officially Revealed

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  rick chi-town-2 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I like the F10 too. It looks great. I love that picture too. I wish I had an E39 too then I could say a member of my immediate family has owned every generation of a 5 series!

#5 ·
Notice the progression in the nose design; it started off slanted forwards, then slowly slanted backwards until the E60, and there's a hint of a vertical slant in the F10.

Not sure I like it. I mean, if I want my car's rear to look like an overweight Camry, I'll get a Camry.

As the E60 is definitely growing on me, I think my tastes are just 10 years old. I'm also thinking it's getting to be time to get rid of my sweatervests :eeps:

#6 ·
I like it. I was considering going with a Merc next (E63), but now I think I would like to give the new M5 a serious look before making my final decision.

#12 ·
Just a little? The first thing that came to my mind was the G3x rear.

It's definitely a mixed bag, and I REALLY wanted to like it. I'll be the first one in line to see it in flesh at the dealership, but I will probably leave with a new E92 (the best design to come out of BMW since 2000) instead.

#9 ·
hmmm...I will need to wait until I see it in person before I pass judgment on the way the exterior looks. The back and front end look off to me right now. I was hoping they would get rid of the big intrusive gray joystick from the cabin though.

#11 ·
And with twin-turbos, imagine the possibilities... :freakdanc

#14 ·
Here's a question... why is the center consel so passenger-centric? Doesn't that look goofy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.