BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M3 recall

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pinecone 
#1 ·
#3 ·
yup, that was the first "Service Action" (BMW never uses the "R" word) and late last year there was a Second and much larger "SA" that expanded the list of cars thru 21 May 03 production... Including ALL the cars that had already been "Fixed" in the first SA.

we are holding our collective breaths that they will not expand it further...

#5 ·
I plan on keeping mine as well, but it is scant months later than the latest SA and I don't want to have to take her in and have them sodomize her.

not worried about resale at all, i don't buy cars to turn-around, but rather to drive!

#6 ·
A RECALL is a specific government ordered event due to safety defects. A manufacturer cannot issue a RECALL, the NHTSA does that. The manufacturer could ask for one and supply the data required to make it happen.

Manufacturers issue Service Actions or Service Advisories, or other names they think up. Some are communicated to customers in the mail, and others are just in teh computer to be done the next time the car somes in for any normal service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.