BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status® Update

14K views 102 replies 22 participants last post by  jpoet 
#1 ·
This is what the most recent status update looks like from the dealer side in case you are interested...

Attachments

See less See more
#75 ·
I think I'm driving myself NUTS by watching this blog every day. My 2013 328 Sparkling Bronze Metallic, Dakota Veneto Beige interior, Luxury Line, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Anti-theft, Heated Front Seats, Harman Kardon Surround was:
Ordered on: 7/7/12
Production Started on: 7/14/12
Headed to Port of Exit on: 7/25/12

Now I'm just sitting here wondering how long before it is on a ship?? I really appreciated some of the information some of you have put on this thread to help people track our ordered vehicles but it has put me on edge. HAHAHAHA!!! In a good way.

The ONLY complaint I have is that I had to pay for a $900 Lightning Package?? You would think BMW would WANT the halo eyes of the car to shine bright!!! Isn't that would makes everyone know a BMW is headed their way??? A signature look for them? I'm just happy that with the 2013 you no longer have to pay $400 to have split fold down rear seats. The best part, my dealer gave me a pretty good discount on the ordered vehicle, which I didn't think they'd do.

EXCITED!!!!!!!

#76 ·
Congrats RDZumbaugh. I know exactly the way you feel. I hope the anticipation/excitement you feel now is nothing compared to what you feel everytime you fire up the engine...

#80 ·
To be perfectly honest with you, I've been so busy, I haven't even had time to think about it let alone ask...

Because I'm on the West Coast the issue hasn't come up for me yet with any of my customers.

I do have a bunch of MY 2013s going for ED in the next couple of weeks.

I'll see if I can find out next week.

#79 ·
My car has cleared customs, but not sure if it's off the boat or not. One thing about the 550 is that the EPA ratings drasticly changed from 2011 to 2012. Either the EPA wants to redo BMWs cars, or BMW may be challenging the re-rates. Of course, this is all speculation...there could be no EPA hold.

#82 ·
it takes around 10days. i ordered my vehicle on june 29th,and the dealer ship had done some paperwork,and then ordered the car,i got the vin#and production # on July 11th,probly there was holiday on july 4th,so it took a little bit longer.i think it should around 5-10days.

#86 ·
Hooray the eagle has landed; my car was delivered to the dealer yesterday. The bad thing is I have a very busy weekend and will have to wait until Monday morning to pick it up. Oh well I waited this long I can wait a few more days. So this Monday, August 6th, at 9:00am will be the big moment. Yeah!!!

P.S. The car production was completed on July 10th and I am picking it up in less than 30 days, way to go BMW. :thumbup:

#87 ·
OK - I can't seem to find my vehicle. I believe it was on a ship on August 2nd and my Sales Rep informed me on 8/3 that it was on its way to the US. I tried to W/W site and entered my VIN but no info. Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone have a suggestion? My VIN is: WBA3A5C57DF354774

My sales Rep also warned me that my vehicle might be held up the EPA due to it being a new model year (2013) for testing - has this happened to anyone?

A friend called me today - she has a 2012 328 loaner for a few days and she HATES it because of the jerking when it starts up again. Has anyone been annoyed by that? I'm going to drive over to drive her loaner around to see if it'll be a problem for me. Anyone have an opinion.

Thanks - R

#89 · (Edited)
OK - I can't seem to find my vehicle. I believe it was on a ship on August 2nd and my Sales Rep informed me on 8/3 that it was on its way to the US. I tried to W/W site and entered my VIN but no info. Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone have a suggestion? My VIN is: XXXXXXX
I have reported that VIN as stolen. Can you give me some more information, so I can tell the cops what to look for?;)

Your dealer should be able to tell you exactly what ship your car is on. It may be too soon for it to show up via the WW tracking. If it is not on the FIDELIO, then it may be on a ship belonging to a different shipping company. For example, my car is currently on a K-Line (NYK) ship. K-Line does not seem to provide useful tracking information for a car.

My sales Rep also warned me that my vehicle might be held up the EPA due to it being a new model year (2013) for testing - has this happened to anyone?
We seem to be past that. People are getting their cars now.

#91 ·
Jpoet - you're a gas. I'm just sitting here tapping my foot waiting for my car - unfortunately, I have a few more weeks to wait. HAHAHAHA!!! I was hoping to be able to track it across the pond. Oh well - you can see I have no patience.

#92 ·
www.bmwusa.com continues to be less than helpful. Automated status update using the 800 number tells me that my vehicle "is being transported to port of exit". I'm doing ED on 8/28. Is this status consistent with what others doing ED have seen? I'm probably just fixating on the word "port" but I'm also having visions of my F30 sitting on a transport ship as I'm arriving at the Welt.

#98 ·
No worries, it's going to be a long two week wait.

Justin,

Just read your ED trip plans. They sound Awesome !!! That will be our goal for our next Bimmer in 3 years ;););) We are looking forward to the PCD however in the Fall, and our cross country excursion back to San Diego:bigpimp:
Thanks! I think it's the best bang for the buck, combining some great drives and sightseeing.

#96 ·
I did get additional info from my CA - my vehicle is on the California Highway vessel headed to Baltimore. Due in 8/12 or 8/13. This is driving me nuts!!!! But the wait will be so worth it.

Not sure how I can add the "signature" photos I see some Bimmerfest members have - and their car info at the bottom of each post. Can someone give me a clue as to how to do that?

Thanks - RZ

#99 ·
California Highway arrived into BWI today!!!! Is there a way to track it from port to dealer? Anyone have an educated guess as to how long it'll take to travel to my dealer in Lakeland/Tampa, FL?

#102 ·
Jon - you sort of answered a question I had. My vehicle actually wasn't dropped off in Baltimore when California Highway stopped there - it went on to the VPC in Brunswick, GA on 8/15. I've read that it could be there 2 to 3 days. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from my Salesman to find out when its loaded onto a truck to head to Tampa. This is killing me.

#103 ·
The BMW website has updated my status to "Finishing Touches". Hopefully there is no shipping damage to my car, and it will end up on a truck soon.

The 800# still says the my vehicle as at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, so the website is more accurate than the 800#, for once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.