BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E34 Cranks Like Spark Plugs Are Removed:

14K views 248 replies 9 participants last post by  Doktor Bert 
#1 ·
This E34 sat for three years due to an electrical problem. When I got the problems worked out, it started instantly and idled like brand new. I ran it for a while and restarted it to move it around in the shop several times.

I replaced the spark plugs and compression was 160 across the board. The oil was super clean, but I changed it anyways. The car has less than 100,000 miles on it.

The car then sat for about a month until this morning. I went out to start it and it cranked just like the plugs were out. You could see the crank pulley turning but no compression impulse whatsoever could be heard.

After letting it sit about 15 minutes, it started, but ran roughly. No smoke whatsoever, just rough running, as if it were only running on 3 cylinders.,

After about 2 minutes, it smoothed out and idled perfectly. I drove the car and power is good all the way to redline/shift point with no smoke.

Are these a hydraulic lifter motor????

That's my suspicion at least now anyways.

Thanks for your expertise...

See less See more
#182 ·
awesome.

I never relocated my IAT there. I guess i confused myself with the topic..

As far as the speed governor, any aftermarket performance chip will remove it, along with some advanced fuel mappings and increased fuel cutoff.

#185 ·
I recommend NOT Dinan..

I had TMS on a m50 loved it!!! Dinan on my m60 not so much..

Just the limiters gone was nice not the tune as much

#189 ·
All this scoping deep into the motor and it was that simple..

Love it when its something that easy after all!!

#200 ·
I answered this in your other post.

all mistaken, Not BBS or Style 42 though they are a replica of that mesh style.

I would say they are ASA or some cheap brand. No wheel rivets and way too much lip. They are 17s (most likely by 8-9") and probably a 10-20mm offset.

Just get style 42s lol.

#198 · (Edited)
I been watching mine dangle under my bumper every time i walk to my car for months.. Never got around to remounting it..

Think ill secure it right now before i lose it haha, seems like a unnecessary PITA to deal with..

#199 ·
Haha, i finally fixed it..

Realized how long thats bugged me, and the only reason it has not bugged me lately is because i got a front lip..

So it was hidden hahaha.. Feels good to have it cleaned and back in its place..

Maybe it will run just a little bit better..

#204 · (Edited)
Overweight???

Can't be any worse than this....another one of my cars...:)

Custom built 5 cylinder diesel, revised fuel curve, 14.7 psi of boost, 2.47:1 axle ratio....1,393,450 documented miles with MBZ award, 1,244,000 on the original engine, 96,000 on the 2005 overhaul.

Attachments

#211 ·
These are a bit harder to find in my opinion, they are out there but the others are much more popular. I have style 7 too.

#214 ·
I know where two rims are near me, no center caps(they were his winter tires) i think he wanted 35$, not sure if he would ship though.

#217 ·
Well found the emails. The add expired last week, and the email is no longer valid, wish he would have given his phone #.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.