BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Premature Tire wear on rear tires 2012 750i

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ChrisF01 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone else has had an issue similar to mine. Recently upon switching out my tires to winter tires, I noticed that both rear wheels on the inside (from the inside of the tire to about 2.5 inches) the tread had worn down to the steel. I have about 12000 miles or 21000km on the car. I made note of this and had the dealer ( Calgary BMW ) look at the tires during my most recent service. They told me that I had probably gone over a pothole and bent the suspension of the car and even maybe the frame the estimated cost of repair would be anywhere from $2000 x 2 for changing the suspension parts on each wheel and alignment and then if changing the subframe is needed then from $6000 to $10000. Of course, I do not believe this is plausible hat going over a pothole could cause this kind of damage. I suspect there is a suspension issue but they are saying they need to keep changing out parts until they solve the problem and of course, I am on the hook for all the costs because as they say "BMW does not sell bent cars". I am at a loss as to what I should do to further pursue the cause of this problem other than either paying them an exorbitant amount of money or trying to get a lawyer on the case to get their attention. IM hoping some of your can give me some advice on this.

ALso, I will say that both my front goodyear run flat excellence tires have already developed bubbles and I am also at a loss as I drove a 2008 BMW 750i through the same roads , driveway, etc and never had any issues even close to this with tires and wheels. Mine is a 2012 750i M sport with the technology package etc fully loaded and I paid $140000 for the car - I am very disappointed that my local dealer will not pursue the issue. Clearly if I had caused the problem I would own up to this and pay, but it leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth to pay this kind of money for a car and then have to pay another $15000 within 8 months to fix issues which I am certain i did not cause. I was very close to buying a bentley but went back to BMW because I had good service with them in the past with my 2008 750i - now I am regretting not stepping up getting the continental GT. Any advice on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ritchie

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.