BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bmw fuel system cleaner

53K views 92 replies 30 participants last post by  BalticVid 
#1 · (Edited)
Hesitation and start up issues started..... Wasn't sure what the problem was.... Went to bmw and purchased the bmw fuel system cleaner and now the car has great performance and starts right up!!!!! Also, from now on, I will only fill up with "Chevron with Techron".

#58 ·
Buy some Redline SI-1 from amazon and call it a day :D

#62 ·
I was in the dark and now have seem the light..

My whole life I have being using "Shell" for all bimmer 745/750- Cl55/E350 and so on. My First time Today using "Chevron with Techron" in my 750 bimmer and MAN i tell you my friend.

The car for some reason feel light its just a boost of power. I will only fill up with "Chevron with Techron" from now on.

In my Mercedes I have always and forever use Shell and it work great. Since now I have all bimmer a needs of upgrade.

#63 ·
I was in the dark and now have seem the light..

My whole life I have being using "Shell" for all bimmer 745/750- Cl55/E350 and so on. My First time Today using "Chevron with Techron" in my 750 bimmer and MAN i tell you my friend.

The car for some reason feel light its just a boost of power. I will only fill up with "Chevron with Techron" from now on.

In my Mercedes I have always and forever use Shell and it work great. Since now I have all bimmer a needs of upgrade.
Techron & Redline SI-1 have large amounts of PEA in them (greater than 50% composition) and that's why you get a good feeling from there! The PEA cleans as well as improving octane. I know redline's Fuel cleaner increases the Octane by 7 points (so 91 will become 91.7 & 93 will become 93.5-93.7).

#67 ·
Yo I filled up with Sunoco 94 and tried a bottle. I was surprised how thick it was. I noticed i was having an issue when downshift then going back from 2-3.
By the time i got down to 3/4 a tank i noticed a difference. Highly recommend this

Good lookin out @TXSTYLE
Downshifts aren't really and shouldn't be affected by your gas unless you are pushing the car to extreme conditions really like going up a steep hill and pinging badly because the engine doesn't have the right fuel.

#70 ·
My local supplier carries Redline Si-2, not Si-1. Read lots of good reviews on Si-1, but can't find any reviews on Si-2 or technical info on difference between the two. Is the Si-2 stuff good for my 2012 335i?

#73 ·
SI-2 is for motorcycles! I suggest you order it from amazon and have it directly shipped to you!

#71 ·
Hey buddy.... Thanks for the question... To be honest, I have never heard of the product
In your thread..... All I can tell you is that I stand firm on using bmw products on and in you car. My car was not starting.... Because of using 93 octane QT GAS... I got a bottle of BMW fuel system cleaner with "Techron" an 93 Chevron gas, and my car turned into a jet.. And I have not had a problem since.... Your car is a 12, so if it helps an 03, then I'm sure it will keep your car tip top!!!!

#74 ·
yup!

I use Lucas product in all of my cars. :thumbup:

#75 ·
I have a 2003 2.5 z4 with 70k. I was running low on fuel the other night so stopped and got some. It was running fine for a like 2 days then started to misfire but clear up and come back now it does it regularly. I bought the fuel system cleaner but was wondering how much I should put in there I have read the directions but also read about people using more than prescribed.

#79 ·
you guys did not answer to my question " How often to use the fuel treatment? 5K miles 10K miles etc ? "

#83 · (Edited)
what about if I use the Redline SI-1 system? is it gonna treat the same as the Lucas fuel ? add the solution with the tank full gas or half tank or quater tank?
The direction on the bottle is confused me. It said " ... for best result use one bottle atleast every 3000 miles and add entire content before filling tank" ... which mean let the tank empty ?

#81 ·
thanks for reply. Around my area, there is no Chevron or Texaco gas stations. Have to drive atleast 15mins to find one. but a lot of Quick Trip, Race Track and 7-Eleven :(

#86 ·
thaks guys... I just filled up my tank today ... will wait for the tank down to almost empty then I'm gonna use the Redline to clean.

#90 ·
Well this is annoying - I bought the Lucas product today, but the pouring spout doesn't fit in my car (2003 760Li) so instead, it filled the area around it - so then I took the gas nuzzle and trying to hold open the little hole and some of it went through, most ended up dripping down the side of my car which I wiped off. Then the gas nuzzle I guess got filled with the Lucas product and thought my car was full of gas - started to get worried that the charcoal canister was going bad, took a rag and wiped down the nuzzle and the area around the gas cap, this time the gas pumped fine....annoying.

#91 · (Edited)
LOL ... it was happened to me too. What I did, I get me a plastic spoon, to push down the lid that enough open to pour slow the Redline product in there. After treat the engine with this product, the acceleration very smooth now. I love it ... will keep using this every 5K mile :)
and I think the Chevron gas make whole lot different too. I am now stick with chevron gas even though it about almost 9miles away from my house but worth it to drive that far to satisfy the ride :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.