BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

5.0 Msport

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  5seriesHB 
#1 ·
What exactly happens to the suspension when you put the shift lever over to the left and it goes into DS

Does it adjust the suspension as well making it stiffer?

Is the exhaust a bit louder/throatier in the Msport model compared to the sport activity?

Thanks i advance Rob:thumbup:

#3 ·
ok
What about the exhaust...is it louder on the Msport compared to the reg 5.0

#4 ·
IDK about the exhaust being throatier or such.

Just wanted to say if its still not enough, you could always throw in a meistercraft or eisenmann. they make the x5 a beast!

#6 ·
IDK about the exhaust being throatier or such.

Just wanted to say if its still not enough, you could always throw in a meistercraft or eisenmann. they make the x5 a beast!
Well i did the wife test today on the freeway.,,,,,,,

I said non shelontly....hows the exhast sound.
She says sounds kinda loud.:dunno:
inside i was like:mad:

as the dreems of going aftermarket slowly :violent:being killed as we drove to the mall.
LOL

#10 ·
Dropping the shifter to the left just changes the shift points. There's a button on the console beneath the shifter labeled "Sport" that tightens the suspension.

On a 2013, M Sport package is all cosmetic. M Performance package tweaks the engine for 40 more hp and (I think) 25 lb-ft more torque. There are no published numbers that I could find for what that does either for 0-60 times or fuel economy. As to the former, I'd guess it shaves a few tenths, putting it right at the 5 second mark. As to the latter, my real-world experience suggests I'm getting around 15 mpg, mostly city. Not great, but I'd power my car with the blood of baby seals if I could. :) We don't buy these cars to be fuel efficient or green.

BTW, when I was shopping, I found that most CAs had no clue there were two different M packages. No less than 4 told me it was all cosmetic, and that I must be confused with the X5M. Needless to say, those 4 didn't sell me a car.

I can try a video a little later if you'd like to hear the sound of M performance.

#11 ·
safelder: How about a cold start until rpms drop and then some revs from the back

That would be a great Sunday gift!
Ps where does ur car idle at
Cheers
Rob

#12 ·
Safelder: There's a button on the console beneath the shifter labeled "Sport" that tightens the suspension.

Not on the 2012 Msport
I heard that on reg sport there is
To enhance suspension
Out x5's it's built in as per Msport badging
Not just cosmetic

Can anyone second this ?

Rob

#13 ·
The Msport package includes some non-cosmetic things:
220 Self-leveling suspension
226 Sport suspension

It does not mention anything on exhaust. I drove the 50 Msport & Performance and that sounded loud but in a awesome way. Plus it only kicked in above a certain RPM. I ended up ordering a 50 std which I also test drove but alas it was on busy roads and could not get the vehicle up to speed to compare exhaust sounds. But I have the same question, guess I'll find out soon.

#14 ·
All I know is those soft close doors save my sanity ever day with my kids naps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.